OUT OF THE WOODS

OUT OF THE WOODS

"remember when you couldn't take the heat? i walked out, i said i'm setting you free."

QUINN BROOKS plays center for the New Jersey Devils, she's been on the team for the past year. In that year, they've gone from one of the worst teams to one of the best teams in the league. She's also gained a boyfriend in that time.

During the season, they've done a great job at keeping it a secret, but right before the playoffs, the NHL gets a whiff of it and Quinn has to transfer teams to none other than the Devils rival, the New York Rangers. What makes it worse is that the Devils take on the Rangers the first round of the playoffs.

JACK HUGHES is the best player on the Devils, when the first woman ever gets drafted to the NHL and the Devils select her, she quickly proves to the team she's not just a pretty girl. He can't help but take interest in Quinn and fast forward one year later, they are dating.

The NHL finds out about the relationship and transfers Quinn to a different team. The rangers to be exact and Jack doesn't like it one bit especially when she becomes all buddy buddy with Braden Schneider.

MEET THE CAST

EMMA MCALLISTER AS QUINN BROOKS

21 • CancerInstagram quinnbrooks13Contact Name quinn | quinnyCenter for the New Jersey Devils

21 • Cancer
Instagram quinnbrooks13
Contact Name quinn | quinny
Center for the New Jersey Devils

JACK HUGHES AS HIMSELF

21 • TaurusInstagram jackhughesContact Name jack | hugheyCenter for the New Jersey Devils

21 • Taurus
Instagram jackhughes
Contact Name jack | hughey
Center for the New Jersey Devils

BRADEN SCHNEIDER AS HIMSELF

THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS AS THEMSELVES

THE NEW YORK RANGERS AS THEMSELVES

ALL OTHER NHL PLAYERS AS THEMSELVES

PLAYLIST

OUT OF THE WOODS -TAYLOR SWIFT
"i walked out, i said i'm setting you free."

SET FIRE TO THE RAIN -ADELE
"when it fell something died, cause i knew that that was the last time."

ONE LAST TIME -ARIANA GRANDE
"i gave into the fire."

LOVE IS LETTING GO -ASHE
"you know i wanna hold you close, but sometimes love is letting go."

HOSTAGE -BILLIE EILISH
"it's not like me to be so mean, you're all i wanted."

TV -BILLIE EILISH
"don't know where you are right now. did you see me on tv?"

STRANGE -CELESTE
"i am still me, you are still you. in the same place?"

ASTRONOMY -CONAN GRAY
"it's astronomy, we're two worlds apart."

SATELLITE -HARRY STYLES
"i can see you're lonely down there, don't you know that i am right here?"

NEVER FELT SO ALONE -LABRINTH
"i never felt so alone, felt so alone."

THE NIGHT WE MET -LORD HURON
"i had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. take me back to the night we met."

MOTH TO A FLAME -THE WEEKND
"but does he know you call me when he sleeps?"

YOUR POWER -BILLIE EILISH
"try not to abuse your power."

This story is subject and most likely to include sensitive topics. As I haven't started writing this yet, I don't know what they will be but the chances are likely. Compared to previous books I've written, chances of those being written are likely. Such as, anxiety, depression, death, insecurity, eating disorders.

I don't own the characters in this story except for Quinn, the idea of her is completely my own. I do like to get inspiration from songs or movies I've seen but I'm not outright copying her from anyone else.

If you see a spelling or grammar error, leave a comment next to it so that I can see it. I don't proof read my chapters before they get uploaded, so if there is a mistake, please let me know!

Don't be afraid to comment and vote! I love reading the comments about the characters and events that take place, but when you comment keep in mind I'm a real person with real feelings so please don't hate on me for anything. If you do hate, I'll either ignore it, cry about it, or respond but please don't hate on me. Feel free to comment how you feel about certain characters though!

PSA: pay attention to the tiny details they come into play later on in the story. Along with the chapter names and dates. Most of the details are similar to what has happened in real life, but if it's different, it's for the plot.