007

I STILL LOVE YOU, I PROMISE
Quinn's Point of View
📍New York City, New York
🕰️ 4/16/23

"What the fuck, Schneider!" I'm so pissed with him right now, that post was uncalled for.

"It's not that big of a deal, Quinn." He says nonchalantly.

"It is a fucking big deal!" I say.

"Why? Is your little bitch boyfriend insecure about me?" He says faking a pout.

"Fuck you, Schneider." I say through my teeth. "Don't fucking talk about him like that."

"Look, Brooks. It's not my fault he can't handle the fact he isn't the only guy you're giving attention to."

"He is the only guy I'm giving attention to!" I say. I'm so pissed.

"You went with me to a restaurant by ourselves. Sounds like attention to me." He says.

"I didn't know it was just going to be us!" I say.

"But that didn't stop from leaving, now did it?" He says.

"Well, no but that's only because I didn't want to be rude and leave." I say.

"You don't see it, do you? I knew you were like this. I knew from the start no one else was coming to dinner, I just didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't want to go if you knew that." He says.

"So... I wanted until you got there to tell you that and innocent people-pleasing Quinn wouldn't dare leave and hurt someone's feelings." He says.

"You fucking gaslight me you asshole!" I say. "I'm so fucking done."

"Don't talk to my like that, you bitch!" He says.

"What do you want, huh?" I say. Why does he want to torture me so bad?

"You are going to ignore that bitch boyfriend of yours, and spend all your time with me."

"What? No, I'm not doing that. That's fucking sick." I say.

"If you don't, I'll tell everyone why you aren't in contact with your parents anymore."

"How the hell do you know about that?" I say. I've never told anyone about that, not even Jack.

"Let my last name run through your head." He says.

Fuck. My parents know his parents.

"There she is! She's finally starting to get it!" He says.

"Please don't do this." I say. If this gets out, it could ruin my life.

"So then we have a deal?" Tears start to fill in my eyes. I nod slowly.

What the hell did I just do?

"Good, now post this." He says. He texts me a picture of him. I don't want to post it, but I have no choice.

quinnbrooks13 posted on Instagram

Liked by patrickkane88 bradenschneider nhltea44 tmznhl and 3, 930, 927 others

quinnbrooks13:

Comments have been disabled for this post

"What the fuck?" I'm currently being slaughtered, for a good reason, by all of Jack's friends.

Trevor, Luke, Quinn, Nico, Dawson, Mitch, Alex, Michael, and most of the other Devils players.

"Look, you need to explain what the hell is going on, Quinn." Michael says.

"Yeah, what you're doing to Jack isn't right." Alex states.

"What I'm about to tell you, you can't tell Jack, okay? Converse with anyone else about this, I don't care. Just. Not. Jack."

They all nod. "Schneider is forcing me to do these things, he's blackmailing me. If I don't do exactly what he's telling me to, like hanging out with him or posting what he wants me to post, he'll spill my only secret I have."

"Oh, fuck." Trevor says.

"Well... how bad is the secret?" Luke asks.

"I really don't want to tell you, I'm sorry." I say. "How's Jack? He must be pissed."

"He's so fucking pissed, he's hardly even talking to anyone during practice or in the locker room." Nico states.

"I don't know how this series is going to go." Dawson says.

"If Schneider says one fucking thing to me, I won't hesitate to fuck him up, I swear." Michael states.

"Why can't you tell about it? That'll make him... not pissed anymore." Quinn (Hughes) says.

"Because Braden will know if Jack knows and then he'll spill said secret, keep up Quinn." Mitch says.

"Mmmm, just so the entire team doesn't hate you, I let everyone on the Devils, except Jack, know about the situation at hand." Dawson says.

"Oh wait, fuck. Oops." He says. "So... at least one person from every NHL team knows now."

"How the fuck did that happen?"

"Wrong group chat. Well, at least the entire NHL won't hate you, I guess." Nico says.

"Add in AHL to that, too." Alex says. Fuck.

"And college hockey, too." Luke says. Double fuck.

"Okay... so the entire fucking world knows about this now, that's really great." I say.

"Yeah... Jamie just texted me about it." Trevor says.

"Bro I just got a text from Sidney fucking Crosby." Mitch says.

"Connor McDavid just texted me." Quinn says with a small laugh. I just glare at him through the screen. "Sorry, not funny."

"I'm gonna go guys, Braden'll kill me if he knew about this.... like actually kill me."

"Okay... call if you need anything okay? I'll swim across the Hudson if he even thinks of laying a hand on you." Luke states.

Could Luke take Braden in a fight? Good question. Depending on the situation, it could to either way. But right now, my money is on Luke.

I feel so guilty about this whole thing. Jack doesn't know what's going on, and it's killing me that I can't talk to him. I feel so helpless, you know?

I love him so much, but I feel like I'm stabbing him the back. How much longer to I have to keep this up for? I don't want to do this forever, or at all.

I really miss Jack right now and this playoffs series is going to be the death of me, I swear. Coach is still working on getting me back to the Devils and I hope is happens soon before this thing with Braden goes any father.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE WAY I WANTED EVERY CORNER OF THIS HOUSE IS HAUNTED