The arrival of the Doomsday Beast

The group of five walked straight up to Asta, who was talking to herself.

"Projectile radar tracking, normal. Telemetry signal frequency usually high! Maintain at high levels!" She got a bit more serious. "Our measurements predict that the Legion is about to unleash over ten waves of continuous attacks. Everyone, brace yourselves!"

"Asta! We're back!" March got Asta's attention.

"Whew, I'm glad you're all back safe- (Y/N)!" She cut herself off with widening eyes.

"Where have you been?! You haven't answered any of my calls, and you should've evacuated with everyone else!! You shouldn't be fighting! And that's Madam Herta's orders!" She jumped over to him, grabbed his shoulders and started shaking him.

"Y'know, I was worried about you.." She mumbled and brought him in a tight embrace, and (Y/N), although embarrassed, returned the hug.

They let go of each other.

"I'm sorry I made you worry.. I was trying to leave the room, and poof, there were two monsters, so I had to defend myself, and I ran into this group. By the way, I beat those ugly ass Antimatter Legion scums and mopped the floor with them!" Ha finished with confidence, placing his fists on his respective sides, puffing out his chest. Little did he know, he wouldn't have that confidence for long.

"Alright, alright. I'm just glad you're okay. Arlan just told me about the situation at the storage zone- and about his injury.. thank you, for all your help." Asta started speaking to the other members of the newly arrived group.

"In times of disaster, I realize more and more that the space station's researchers are its more valuable assets.. Alas, we were ill-prepared for such emergencies... We should have built up our security and combat departments." Asta looked down.

"What is the current situation on the space station?" Dan Heng questioned the researcher.

"The situation is under control for now. The damage to our security system was minor. The intruder only managed to alter a small amount of data, so it was easy to fix." She explained.

"The real problem lies with the researchers... They trust Madam Herta wholeheartedly and never thought that the space station would be breached by the Legion. A broken spirit is far worse than a broken body." She concluded.

"Let's go speak with the researchers. Right now, the space station can't afford any more unexpected turns, especially from within. Have you tried contacting Herta?" Himeko suggested and asked.

"I sent multiple letters, all met with silence. You know her, Himeko, the space station is but a mere warehouse for followers and rare items. She doesn't really care about it." Asta answered the red haired woman's question while looking away.

"I knew it.. No matter. I'll also send a letter to Herta and tell her that we've brought the rare item she seeks. At least that might get her attention." Himeko spoke after placing her left hand on her hip.

"That would be of great help." Asta nodded with a smile.

After that the group dispersed to talk to different researchers throughout the master control zone. (Y/N) decided to walk up to Stelle.

"Hey Stelle!" (Y/N) greeted her. "Wanna go talk to some researchers together?" He asked.

"Oh, hey, sure. At least I won't be alone."

"So, uh, do you work here? Since I haven't seen you once in the station." (Y/N) asked the girl out of curiosity.

"Well.. I don't really remember. I don't remember anything before waking up and meeting March and Dan Heng.. other than that woman.." She mumbled at the end, but unfortunately for her, (Y/N) heard it.

"Hm? Who's this 'woman'?"

"Ugh, just.. Nevermind. We should talk to some people." Stelle sped up her walking, to the front of the master control zone.

"Push the stick down, Alfred.. Sorry, sorry, I got the wrong person." Apologized a researcher known as Hinkel.

"Let us help." Stelle started the conversation with the woman, because she got there first, but not soon after (Y/N) arrived as well.

"Thanks, kids. We're doing some pre-checks for the satellite remote sensing. I'll hold the button to monitor the signal, and one of you push the control stick according to my instructions." Hinkel explained.

"But first let's talk about the controls. 'Up' is the spectrometer, 'down' is the filler, 'left' is the reference level, and 'right' is the attenuator." The researcher told the two duo the controls.

"Our pre-checks have three steps. Turning on the spectrometer, then the attenuator, and finally outputting the signal to the filter. It's quite a bit to remember.. You got everything?"

"Of course, it's easy!" (Y/N) replied with confidence.

"Alright then, three, two, one.."

After she finished her countdown, the boy pushed the up, right and down buttons.

"Wonderful. Thank you." Hinkel thanked the two with gratitude. "That was were helpful of you two. Alfred was the researcher in charge of this- he was in the storage zone earlier.. He didn't make it back."

"Oh, we're sorry.. We'll be on our way then." Stelle waved, and walked off with (Y/N) in hot pursuit.

The duo walked back to their previous spot, where everyone has now returned. But once they got there, red triangles with an exclamation mark appeared all around them, indicating there is an emergency.

A screen appeared, showing a Doomsday Beast trying to get through the barriers of the space station. What was noticable, was that it was trying to get in near where the Astral Express is usually stopped.

Asta with a worried expression looked at Himeko. "Take the express and leave." But when she looked back at all of them, he saw (Y/N) running out the doors of the master control zone.

"But.." March tried to reason before being pulled away by Himeko.

"And please, go after (Y/N)! He already ran off!" She shouted after them, to which she got a nod from Himeko.

"Oh no, (Y/N).. You shouldn't risk yourself like this.. Not when your arms just finished healing.." Asta thought in worry. "He's going to get the lecture of his life from Madam Herta."