two

MY ROOM

It was about 11:30 and the kegger was starting to die down. by now all the tourists had gone, the kids from the cut were mostly together, and kids from figure eight were mostly together. john b and sarah sat together making out, pope was trying to flirt with kie but was subsequently failing, topper was glaring over at sarah and john b, and i was chatting with JJ.
"Do you ever think this whole 'no pogue on pogue macking' thing is bullshit?" he looks at me a wild look in his eye.
i just laugh what he said off, i was far too drunk to endeavour into this conversation with JJ, "i- i don't know jayj, do you?"
"yeah i do actually" he said half joking half matter of factly "i think it's fucking stupid if you ask me" JJ begins to go on a rant about how Sarah and John B are together and they're pogues & why should he make the rules and blah blah blah. But, it was a rule we created the summer before we went into highschool. We created the rules amongst pogues;

1. no pogue on pogue macking
2. P4L
3.never take life too seriously
4.always back eachother 
5. no secrets among pogues
6.siblings off limits

Rule number six was introduced after Kiara joined the group. She had this totally gorgeous brother called Chris which Sarah and I had the fattest crush on, but he moved away for college a year ago. Although that rule was still inforced for Rafe, no one ever thought twice about rafe being desired by any of us.

"JJ, it's honestly not that deep" I interrupt him before getting up and drunkenly walking over to Sarah and John B. Even when i was stood right infront of the two of them, they still had no idea i was stood there. Guess love does really make you blind.. literally. "S!" i whisper shout, i guess love also makes you deaf. "Sarah, we need to get going back to yours"

Finally the blondie pulls away from John and turns to me, she looked absolutely fucked. I guess she had drank more than she was planning to tonight. "i don't wanna leave yet, ask rafe to take you home or something" she slurrs before resuming making out with John B. I roll my eyes and stomp away, past the pogues and over to the kooks.

Rafe was sat down on some tree branch with a full cup of beer in his hand. He looked perfectly sober, but i wasn't surprised given he had a much higher tolerance because he drink a lot stronger stuff more often. "rafe" i hesitated, no response. "rafe" i say with more confidence. He pauses his conversation with whoever was around him and focused his eyes down on me. He complete focus was on me in this point in time. "What can i do for you miss fisher?"

"can you please take me back because i'm too drunk to drive.. please" i give him a wide grin at the end as more of an incentive.
"why can't sarah?" he questioned,
"because she's too drunk and too engrossed in john b to leave" i give him the straight answer. He rolls his eyes before shoving past the other kooks and walking towards the car. I have to do a little jog to catch up to him.
"you know you walk quite fast" i mutter to him.
he turns and smirks "probably because i'm taller than you".
i roll my eyes in response.

i climb into the passenger side of his jeep, mines a lot smaller so it's easier to get into. But his car is a man's car. "are you coming back to tannyhill?" he turns to me quickly while switching the engine on.
"mmhmm" i hum while biting my lip. i'm a little spaced out right now. all my attention was focused on the dashboard because my eyes got comfortable looking in that direction.
I do this a couple of times on the way back to tannyhill. i look around and my eyes grow comfortable on something new for a minute or so.

Rafe let's me in the door and i immediately head for the staircase to sarah's room. Rafe just stands at the bottom of the stairs while i attempt to make it up there. every couple of steps i would miss and end up having to stare at it so i could keep still. my head was spinning. I hear footsteps run up the wooden stairs.
"do you need help?" rafe stares down at me. i don't look. instead i just laugh at yet another attempt of me trying to climb this staircase.
"i think i might" i giggle. Rafe puts himself under my arm and begins guiding me up the stairs, he then opens what i think is sarah's door and lays me on the bed. The moment my head his the bed i was asleep.