Promise • PARK JAY

You and Jay were the definition of the perfect couple. You'd both been dating ever since high school, never fighting over anything big or small and always figuring things out without throwing fits. As you both grew older, you guys got married, had kids, and basically lived happily ever after. But of course, somethings are always bound to end, even if it wasn't because of love.

You laid on the hospital bed as you felt Jay squeezing your hand, he continued reading a book to you while watching you look at him lovingly. After a while you cut off his reading as you spoke up, making Jay close the book in response

"Jay" you say, Jay pulled his chair closer to your bed as he looked into your eyes

"Yes love?" He replies, you give him a weak smile as tears begin to build up in your eyes

"I'm sorry" you whisper, Jay knew what you meant. He knew what you meant and hated the fact that he did. He said nothing in response as he slowly got up onto your hospital bed, laying next to you whilst being careful not to tug on any wires connected to you. He wraps his arm around your torso as he pulled you in, you lay your head on his chest as you took in his scent, knowing well what was bound to happen any second now. Jay stayed quiet, though, you could hear the muffled cries he was trying to hide. You couldn't help but start crying as you attempted to grip onto Jay even tighter, you knew you were fading, and it hurt you. You knew it hurt him even more.

"Jay, I love you, and don't forget that" you cry, your heart beat getting slower and slower. Jay begin to sob as he cried, he tried to speak but his mouth was occupied with painful hiccups.

"Y/N, my love" Jay whispers, he sniffles as he wipes his tears, he looks down to make eye contact with you before continuing

"I'll come looking for you after I watch our children grow to become the successful people you've raised, I'll be sure to bring you flowers every day and give you a kiss on the forehead. Just wait for me okay?" Jay sobs, savoring every last second you had. You pull him closer as you smiled

"Jay" you repeat, Jay squinted his eyes with a red nose, you smiled big as you begin to see black

"Move on okay? Give our children the family they deserve, even if its not with me I'll know you'll love very much. I'll watch you from above and help you on your journey. I love you Jay, very very much okay?" You say, slowly slipping away from your conciseness. You give Jay a peck on the lips before giving him one final glance, you grin widely as you stifled in a cry

"I love you Park Jongsong, always and forever" you whisper, the sound of a high pitch screech following your last statement.

Jay cried, he cried and cried. His wrapped arms around you gripping tighter as the screeching sound continued on. He cried into your shoulder, repeating 'I love you' over and over, you were here not even a minute ago yet it felt like you've been gone for so long.

"My queen, I'll do as you wish and move on, I'll give our children the best life. I'll be sure to tell them stories of their amazing mother. And most important of all, I'll cherish every moment I've had with you. I love you Y/N, always and forever" Jay says, climbing off the bed as nurses flooded into the room, he gave you one final kiss on the palm of your hand. Giving you a loving smile before exiting the room in peace.