Dancer • NISHIMURA RIKI

You and Niki have known each other since you guys were little kids, your families were close and were often together. As you and Niki continued to grow up together, you both had found your love toward dancing, both you and Niki soon finding an attraction towards kpop. This led to the 2 of you competing each other to see who would be able to become an idol first. Though, one specific argument about the said topic went a little too far and lowkey ended your close relationship with each other. The 2 of you considered yourselves rivals and nothing more, it caused a huge drift between planned projects and activities as you guys had cut off all contact with each other not too long after the argument. Time skip a year later, Niki, without your knowledge of knowing, left to Korea to pursue his dreams of being an idol, joining under a company named 'Hybe', you were still stuck on the fact that you 2 were still competing, so you too flew to Korea to audition for the same company.

Luckily you passed the audition, though, during the monthly evaluations, you soon realize that you never wanted to try and sing on stage. You worked hard to show the company that you could become a great choreographer and back up dancer as you improved your dancing skills. Fast forward another 3 years, you were finally considered as Hybe's official back up dancer and was on the pathway to become a choreographer, your determination never ending as you had faith in yourself.

You often thought about Niki though, you wondered how he was doing but was often too busy to do research on him. You heard from your family members that Niki did in fact debut under a group 2 years back. All you knew was that his group name was 'Enhypen'

———— 6 months later

You woke up to the sound of your alarm going off loudly. You quickly shut off the object before reaching out for your phone, noticing a message from your company manager-

KILA (Manager-nim)

KILA
Come to the company building by 10 am.

KILA
We need female dancers for an upcoming comeback with a kpop group.

You squint your eyes at the message before letting out a deep sigh.

Y/N
Sounds good

You rub your eyes before stumbling out of your bed. You head towards your closet as you dug in for a comfortable practice outfit, taking out a tanktop with a loose hoodie and sweatpants. You quickly change into the outfit before leaving your dorm room.

———

As you entered the Hybe building, you spot staff members roaming around the place. You quickly greet some of them before heading towards the back of the building, passing many doors on the way. Once you reached a practice room, you knocked on the door, hearing a small "come in" on the other side. You enter, closing the door behind you before bowing down to the familiar and unfamiliar faces around the room. There were about 7 female dancers, giving you the relief of the dance being easy and not as hard as other choreography's. You say hi to a couple of the dancers as you were close to some of them, being able to dance with so many idols did give you the opportunity to make lots of dancer friends.

As you and the other dancers were chatting around, you guys were quickly interrupted as the choreographer entered the room, allowing everyone to quiet down.

"Alright, seems like all the hired back up dancers are here" the choreographer, Li, says, clapping her hands together as she smiled

"Shall I show the dance?" Li adds, everyone lets out a chorus of yes's as we all nodded.

Li then went on to explaining how the concept was a vampire themed dance, most of the movements were like a ballroom kind of vibe so there were a lot of couple combos. She also mentioned how to express our movements as if we were controlling the idols, it seemed like a big part in bringing out the concept. You and the dancers were still unaware of the group you all would be dancing for, but you guys didn't care much as this was for a job and nothing more.