Fallen tyrant

"Nicklaus-"

Nicole looked up from her boring... whatever that disgusting unfamiliar food was, pointing it into that of the autumn-haired boy.

Kunigami had already eaten that morning, but he had decided to go to the cafeteria when he had heard Raichi say that the asshole was back.

He could only assume that the asshole he was talking about was Nicklaus Vinciguerra.
And indeed he was right.

Nicole smiled at the boy's presence, abandoning her spoon at the side of the tray and leaning forward with her torso.

"Ciao Kunigami, looking for something?"

Nicole didn't mind his presence. He was a very attractive boy and a very good one. But mostly very attractive.

Kunigami smiled warmly toward his friend, sitting down beside him and casting a quick glance at the still-full plate.

He let a grimace escape.
If only he had not consumed that morning's breakfast, he probably would have offered it to him.

"Nothing in particular, I was just curious what happened to you yesterday." he said, leaning toward the back of the chair and closing his eyes.

Nicole let a small grin escape, leaning toward the boy and looking down at him. Her irises, taking advantage of his closed eyes, lowered for a moment onto his chest muscles, accentuated by the extremely tight fabric of his shirt.

"Why? Did you perhaps miss me, Kunigami Rensuke?"

Kunigami blushed violently at the brazenness of his red-haired friend, quickly opening his eyes wide and pointing them with almost disgust (he was not at all) into the other's cunning and malevolent ones.

He just didn't understand him: one minute he was impassive, the next defiant, and the one right after that menacing.

It almost seemed as if he could take nothing seriously and, in fact, enjoyed mocking others.

"No I- it was Meguru and Isagi who asked me about you." he said immediately, almost defensive, provoking no reaction from Nicklaus for the first few brief moments.

The redhead peered at him for a few more seconds, then shrugged her shoulders and sat back down normally as if nothing had happened.

"A little fever, they had to keep me in the infirmary all day." she lied incredibly well, causing the orange to nod slowly.

The taller boy tightened his lips, casting a glance at the redhead's profile while the latter was too busy playing with soup to notice.

His eyes lowered to the nape of his neck now that his head was tilted slightly downward, and his eyelids tightened slightly when he noticed how feminine it appeared.

A little too feminine.

"Did anything in particular happen yesterday?" she asked suddenly, pointing her red eyes into Kunigami's orange ones.

She had noticed the overly long stare, and as much as she didn't mind getting attention, she knew that being watched too much carried the greater risk of being caught.

Kunigami was awakened from his trance moment, and immediately turned his eyes away from him to point at an imprecise spot on the table with a slight blush on his face.

"No big deal. Today we have our first match against Team X." he informed him, casting a glance at him to see how nervous he was.

After all, he was last in the rank.