I'm paying

"It's not within your jurisdiction."

"I understand why you want to maintain your privacy on such a topic, but maybe knowing exactly what happened could help us to-"

"And I understand why you are interested in understanding the background of my injuries, but I repeat that your job is to explain to me the best treatments, their side effects, and approximate healing time."

The doctor sighed, shaking his head disconsolately and shifting his face once again to the girl's medical record.

He felt extremely uncomfortable under the watchful, cold, authoritative gaze of the character who under the cameras appeared, yes just as authoritative, but definitely sunnier and more expansive.

He carefully analyzed the data on the file, trying to come to a solution by also integrating the information the young woman had given him.

Nicole watched him coldly from the other side of the desk, her legs crossed and one arm resting on the elbow rest, her body bent toward the direction of the latter.

That morning Shidou had left to return to Blue Lock, as had all the other participants, new and old.

She had been accompanied by Sae's chauffeur, along with Sae himself, to the hospital for a checkup.

A checkup that had soon turned out to be an interrogation, after that into a reprimand, after that into a threat, and finally into what it was supposed to be: a medical visit.

"The wounds are still too delicate, and as a doctor I strongly advise against you resuming sports activities next week." said the man, returning to the issue that most concerned his patient.

If when she had awakened from her coma, he had told her it would take between ten days and two weeks to return to play sports, he now doubted it.

The cream treatment was helping, but it was too slow. The wounds were too deep, and too many in number. The treatment was suitable, but it took time.

And that was what had caused the switch in the young woman's attitude from sunny to ice-cold: time.

She had none.
This she had immediately stated, without much ado.

Which had shaken the poor doctor's soul. Who did not have time to think about their mental and physical health? Was there really something more important? Something that required more attention?

But between insistence, stubbornness and words of fine intimidation, the redhead had persuaded the doctor to turn a blind eye on the matter and look for something that, though unsuitable, could get her back on track.

"I'll leave you the cream, but you'll have to apply it twice a day. Also from now on, when you do physical activity, you'll have to use this spray: it's a subspecies of a spray plaster, but much stiffer." the man explained, writing the name of the product on a sheet of paper and handing it to her.

The girl reached forward to grab it, but her blood-red eyes rose into the doctor's as soon as she noticed how his fingers had no intention of leaving the slip of paper.

On his expression was a sorry frown, serious and hesitant.

"It will protect your wounds from contact with external agents, but it will not protect you from pain. I hope this is clear, Vinciguerra-san..." he stated in a gloomy, authoritative tone, receiving an answer he did not want.

"Sounds exciting."

Nicole in fact smiled mockingly and slyly, tugging the paper a little more and snatching it from his hands. Then she stood up, running a hand through her hair and turning to leave the room.