A hero and his god

Spicy alert (not that spicy) < do you really need this warning? Doesn't it ruin the suspense?

——————————————

Three days later

"Shidou Ryusei, red card."

The girl sighed, sitting on the ground and casting a glance at the boy on the ground with a bloody nose, the victim of one of the tan boy's merciless kicks.

Nicole looked up at Shidou as soon as he appeared in her line of sight with an annoyed expression, evidently little surprised at how the match had turned out.

This was not the first time their match had been cancelled because of a red card. In fact, it was actually the third time.

Three, number of matches they had started, number of matches they had never finished, number of candidates who had ended up in the infirmary.

However, thanks to the many red cards the boy was receiving, and thanks to the many interrupted matches, the girl had had to exert less effort than normal.

So although not totally healed, her injury was clearly improving.

Shidou grabbed her arm, pulling her hard and making her stand up.

"Let's go, these bitches are boring." he stated, holding his hand around the girl's wrist and pulling her toward the exit.

Nicole shook her head, shifting her gaze to one of the teams of two who was to enter after them.

Her red eyes met Reo Mikage's purple ones and Kunigami Rensuke's autumn ones.

The latter opened his eyes wide as soon as he recognized the figure.

"Nicklaus?" he asked more to himself than to him, forcing Shindou to stop as soon as he heard that someone had called his teammate.

His hostile pink eyes focused on those of the orange-haired boy, whose eyes, however, were fixed on the figure of the red-haired girl.

This one smiled slightly, raising her free hand and waving at the boy.

"Hey there, handsome." she greeted him, not caring much for the blush she had just caused to appear on his cheeks.

Her attention then shifted to Reo, and it didn't take long to notice the moodier, gloomier aura surrounding him. She raised an eyebrow at the purplenette's attitude, then raised the corner of her lips as well as soon as she came to the one obvious reason behind his depression.

"Oh, is our rich boy missing his treasure?" the redhead asked mockingly, seeing the boy's eyelids tighten with rancor.

The girl tightened her own eyelids with equal mockery, stepping forward and bending her head slightly to one side.

"Perhaps it was stolen from you by a certain Isagi Yoichi mhm..."

Kunigami moved in front of Reo, deciding to keep them both from jumping on each other.

He had not forgotten their last encounter, when the purplenette had grabbed the redhead by the collar of his shirt. If Reo was already easy to instigate before, Kunigami could not imagine how easy it was now.

Shidou stepped forward, flanking the girl with whom he had not yet broken physical contact and carelessly observing the two boys in front of them.

"Wanna play agains us?" He asked defiantly, scrutinizing the taller one among the two in particular.