One last time

Alert (not spicy)
——————————————

"Why aren't Shidou Ryusei and Nicklaus Vinciguerra on the team?"

These were fateful words that led to these other words like "...stupido coglione che non riesce a vedere oltre le sue cazzo di lenti..."

Ego looked at the girl from the cameras, hearing her without listening since he was understanding absolutely nothing of the sentences coming out of her mouth.

The only thing he understood was that she was cursing at him.

The other boys in the room stared at the first ranked, all at arm's length. Let's just say that their reaction to the news released by Ego was definitely different than that of the redhead.

"It was either him or you, which did you think I would choose?" the man asked after a sigh, tired of not being able to understand what the girl was saying.

"Definitely something that wouldn't cause you to lose your best investment." replied the girl, continuing to caress her earrings as she thought back to the news.

"You are not my investment."

That day the candidates would find out who would be the lucky 11 people on the core team, and any replacements.

And nothing would have gone wrong if some had not noticed the fact that, in naming the 11 titleholders, Ego had failed to name two of the strongest in the rankings: the first and third.

And when Ego had said that someone, a certain Sae Itoshi, had decided to take as his striker a certain Shidou Ryusei, a certain someone else had not taken it well enough.

"Shidou is the one who lets himself be used the best. He's so desperate that he'll go to the limit of his irrationality to keep up with me." the girl said with a cold stare as the people near her began to feel the weight of her presence.

Ego imperceptibly clenched his fists under the desk, avoiding showing emotion just as the girl on the screen was doing.

"It was also a risk to put him on the team together with the center forward, Rin Itoshi. Better to have lost him now than to get a red card later." retorted the man, causing the redhead, who for now still ignored such rules, to roll her eyes.

"That doesn't explain why Nicklaus isn't on the team though..." intruded Reo in the conversation, casting a glance at the redhead only to see his eyes already on him. He repressed a shudder, immediately avoiding his gaze.

Ego sighed, grateful that someone had decided to change the subject, knowing there was no way to win over the girl.

He supposed it was the Italian stubbornness.

"Nicklaus and Shidou have shown they are capable of reacting to each other's movements, something no one else in here has been able to do, even Rin Itoshi."

The boy, hearing his name, held back an annoyed grimace. He knew he didn't have those characteristics that allowed the guy with the antennas to connect to the redhead, but hearing it was definitely worse.

His teal eyes shifted covertly to the profile of the boy to his right, noticing the way he kept absentmindedly playing with his earrings.

"If none of you are able to react to Shidou's destructive irrationality, the only way to counter it is with Nicklaus."

Nicole shifted her gaze to a corner of the room, losing interest in the topic.

She was not really angry about losing Shidou. What had moved her was the fact that Shidou had been taken with the absurd thought that they could give her trouble.