Chapter .2

The furnace was empty, every time I looked over although I could still feel a presence.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, as I was just a child, and the noise slipping under my door from my parents helped me to stay relaxed in a warm sense of safety and well-being.

Looking over at the furnace, i layed there closing my eyes, as I quickly drifted off to sleep.

However, just as quickly, I was awakened. When you wake up from a deep sleep to something moving or stirring.

It can take a few moments for you to truly understand what is happening. The fog of sleep hangs over your open eyes and ears even when lucid.

All I knew at that moment was that there was something moving, there was no doubt about that.

Quickly looking around the room my eyes failed to find anything, Everything was so dark, almost as pitch black as my skin.

My eyes finally adjusted due to there being just enough moonlight creeping in, between the shades, from outside to outline that narrowly suffocating room.

Two thoughts appeared in my mind almost simultaneously.

The first was that my parents were in bed because the rest of the house lay pretty much both in darkness and silence.

The second thought however turned to the noise, that monstrous noise. The noise in which had obviously woken me.