Chapter .6

After we had snacks we ran outside, and I played hide and seek with my sibling and cousin.

Although their house was not large they were lucky enough to have a long sloping garden in the back.

We played there, although made sure to stay away from my aunt's vegetables and fruits.

Much of the rest of the garden was overgrown, meaning we could hide in the flower bushes, or climb in the huge sycamore tree which towered above all else.

As I wandered through the garden full of flowers I easily imagined myself in the throes of an epic grand adventure.

Seeing a twisting path my curiosity got the better of me and I instinctively began to follow it.

Across the path down stairs and then over a bridge I followed the path wondering where it ended.

As fun as it all was, eventually I ended up at an old building.

Curious as to what was inside I walked up to the door and knocked on the wood causing it to open just a crack.

"Hello!" I yelled, yet when no answer came I decided to go in, it felt like stepping into a thin boundary like a looking glass into a strange, cold pocket dimension.

The interior looked just like my room yet it oddly looked much more new my bunk bed was replaced by a singular bed consisting of white sheets and a hand knit wool blanket.

As I reached out to grab the sheets, something, no someone, snapped me out of my day dream.

A huge massive monster was laying on the bed, a werewolf type beast with black fur and white fangs.

Suddenly it stirred looking up at me with huge yellow eyes.

Causing me to stumble backwards towards the furnace tripping backwards I thought I would be caught ablaze but as I closed my eyes waiting for the fire I instead fell back onto grass confused.

I waited a moment before opening my eyes and as my eyes adjusted to the light all I saw was my younger cousin looking back down at me.