Chapter .14

A sense of curiosity grew as it moved, rubbing its head against my hand.

This thing, this animal I thought was a demon, it was nothing but an old farm cat. I sat there dumbfounded.

It had been terrorizing me for what reason "It was just a cat?" I said to myself puzzled.

Its head rose up and purred loudly as it made biscuits underneath the blanket.

As if telling me I wasn't alone any more. And neither was he.

As I sat there for hours crying as I held him, through my window, that window which seemed to represent so much malice from the outside, sunlight streaked through; the first rays of sunshine.

As I sat there petting the cat like being, the sun broke over the horizon, the dark room, the suffocating room was washed, bathed in sunlight.

But as it did the cat to my surprise stayed in place not leaving, not moving just looking up at me as if it wanted to be with me.

My family at that point must have been awake because I heard a tapping at my door followed by the calming voice of my Mother.

Offering to make me some gluten free pancakes.

"Yes, Thank you." I had answered back to her, continuing to pet the cat until she called that they were done being made.

Upon hearing that I picked up the black cat hurrying to the kitchen.

When I arrived there, my parents were shocked at first by the new little beast.

but I quickly introduced my family to him telling everything that had happened throughout the month.

Although they didn't believe me, they thought he was just a stray and they allowed me to keep him.

Telling me to keep him safe but I knew that he would be the one keeping me safe.