III - Dragons

GIRL DORMITORIES - THURSDAY NIGHT

"Astrix" Hermione sat on her bed, Astrix stayed quiet, "how did you do it?" Hermione asks, "i didnt do anything, i was with you all the time." Astrix responded "im not mad, okay? just dont die." Hermione layed down next to the girl. "i survived once i'll do so again." Hermione chuckled, "look, i didnt want my name in the goblet, it just happened."

THE NEXT DAY

A woman appears in a puff of smoke. She's well groomed and dressed
colorfully. "What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" The four tri-wizard champions are stood together in a group. She walks over to them and shakes each of their hands. "I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? what mysteries do the muscles mask? does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself and I want to know.
Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely."

She takes Harry and Astrix by the hand into a closet. "It's a broomcupboard?" Harry says confused, "You should feel right at home then." Astrix responded, "Don't mind if I use the quill do you?" Rita asks, "Oh, no." Harry responds

"So Harry, here you sit.." Astrix stood beside him, "two helpless children of twelve - we're fourteen." Astrix corrected, '...about to compete against three students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?" she asks, "I dunno I haven't really thought about it - fear isnt something i do." the two respond "Course you're not just any ordinary children of twelve are you - Fourteen!"

"The story's legend. Do you think it was the trauma is it of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?" shs asks, "No we didn't enter." Harry responds "Course you didn't. Everyone loves a rebel Harry." she says to the quill "Scratch that last. Speaking of your parents, were they alive, how do you think they'd feel? proud? or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, at worst a psychotic deathwish" she asks, Astrix looks at the notepad, "Hey, his eyes aren't glistening with the ghosts of
his past!" Astrix defended.

ASTRONOMY TOWER

"shes annoying, dont you think?" Harry asks "every slytherin is annoying." Astrix responded, An owl flies in with a letter for the dul, he takes it and begins to read.

I couldn't risk sending Edward. It was since the world cup and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's too easily recognised We need to talk Harry. Face to face. Meet me in the Griffindore common room at one o clock this Saturday night and make sure you're alone. P.S....

The owl nips Harry's finger.

The bird bites.

"pathetic you are, Harry." Astrix said, "you try getting bitten by an owl!" Harry responded, "maybe i will."

GRIFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

"Sirius?" Astrixs asks, Harry picks up a newspaper, the headline reads "THE CHAMPIONS ARE SELECTED" and reads. "Harry Potter and Astrix Potter aged 12, suspect entrant in the tri-wizard tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghosts of his.." he crumples up the newspaper and puts it on the fire. The fire flares up a little, a face appears in it. "Astrix Potter?!" she asks, "I know! Astrix Potter?! were not even related!"