VII - The Fall Of Hogwarts

CORRIDOR

Asteix is walking along, she hears raised voices from inside the herbs store. "It's a sign Severus, you know what it means as well as I." The door opens and they see Harry. He looks at them. Igor leaves. "Lupin! What's your hurry? Congratulations, your performance in the black lake was inspiring. Gillyweed, am I correct?" Severus asks "Yes sir." Astrix responds "Ingenious. A rather rare herb gilliweed, not something found in your every day garden. Nor is this, know what it is?" he handed Astrix a bottle, "im sure you can guess it.. after all your father was smart in potions." Astrix opens it and sniffs it. "Veritaserum?" Astrix responds

"three points to gryffindor. Three drops of this and you-know-who himself will spill his darkest secrets. The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden, however should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice."

"we haven't stolen anything." Harry appeared out of nowhere "Don't lie to me. Gillyweed might be innocuous, but boomslang skin? lacewing flies? You and your friends are brewing polyjuice potion and believe me I'm going to find out why." Severus closes the door in their face.

ARENA

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions emerge "how do you feel, Pup?" Remus asks "nervous.." Astrix responds "dont worry, your parents are here." Remus hugged Astrix. "im sure you'll be fine, Harry." Tonks patted Harrys head, "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." The crowd cheer on hearing his name.

"and Mrs Lupin tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." The bulgarian crowd go nuts. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round. In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." says moody, Cedric hugs his father. "On the count of three... ONE..." The cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs comically. Dumbledore groans. Harry Pushes Astrix out the way "THE HELL PRONGS!" she starts chasing him. The entrance closes up behind Harry. Heavy mist sets in, we pan out to see the maze is many stories tall. Harry starts traversing the maze, creature noises are all around. Cedric is walking along, the maze walls begin to close in on him. He makes a run for it. Fleur is running around scared, she is attacked and knocked down. Viktor comes along and sees she's unconscious on the ground, he walks on. Harry sees Fleur being swallowed into the undergrowth.

"Fleur? Fleur!" He's too late she's disappeared. He sends up a red spark into the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Harry runs. Harry sees something shining in the distance and he moves towards it Viktor tries to zap him but misses.

"Get down!" Astrix tackled Harry, Cedric ducks and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at Viktor's body as if to finish him off, Harry runs up and intervenes. "No stop! He's bewitched Cedric." They struggle. "Get off m- He's bewitched!" The three of them begin running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. Harry looks back. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape. "Harry! Astrix!" he called out, Astrix zaps the plantlife and Cedric wriggles free. Harry helps him up.

"You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me."
"For a moment so did I."

"Some game huh?" Harry asked "Some game." Astrix responds The wind starts blowing again. "Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric pushes Astrix "Together, on three. One, two, three!" the three teleport to a unfamiliar ground.