VIII - Barty Crouch Jr

DARKENED ROOM

Mad-Eye Moody enters and closes the door behind him. Harry is in the room still sobbing. They sit. "Are you alright Potter?" Harry nods. "Does it hurt?" Moody asks "Not so much now." Astrix responds "I'd better take a look at it." on Astrix's arm, it has a skull and snake marking. "The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it." Harry said "What was it like? What was he like?" Moody asks "Who?" Astrix asks "The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?" Moody rephrased

"I dunno. It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares." Mad-Eye starts shaking and struggling for air, he reaches for his bottle but it's empty. He rushes to a chest with other bottles and struggles to find one. "Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?" he asks "we never said anything about a graveyard Professor." Astrix responded "Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn' have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gillyweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??"

"It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum. But..." Mad-Eye makes sobbing noises making fun of Harry. "are you making fun of my brother?" Astrix stands up and points her wand at him. "You two won because I made it so. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter and Astrix Lupin"

A flash of magic occurs and Mad-Eye is knocked into the wall.
Dumbledore and Severus come rushing in. Dumbledore takes Mad-Eye
by the neck... "Severus..." Severus administers some veritaserum. Mad-Eye wriggles demonically. "Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore asks "Albus Dumbledore." he responds, "Are you Alastor Moody? Are you?!" Harry points his wand to his forehead. "No."

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?!" Astrix asks, he nods. "Harry get away from there!" Dumbledore approaches the chest. The chest opens, it contains a series of smaller chests. When the final chest is open we see that there's a pit within holding a man the real Alastor Moody. "Are you alright Alastor?" he asks "I'm sorry Albus." Alastor apologizes, "That's Moody, but then who's...?" Dumbledore holds up one of Mad-Eye's Bottles. "Polyjuice potion." says snape, "Now we know who's been stealing it from your store Severus." Dumbledore looks into the pit.

"We'll get you up in a minute." Alastor Moody groans. The Mad-Eye Moody they have captive in a chair begins to twitch about restlessly making strange noises. He appears to be transforming. He rips off his fake eyepiece which falls on the floor, we see that he's transformed into Barty Crouch Junior. "Barty Crouch Junior." Harry stands infront of Astrix in a protective manner

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Barty Jr rolls up his sleeve to reveal a skull and snake marking. "You know what this means don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned." Barty says "mental that one, im telling you." Astrix says, Harry nods in agreement "Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner."

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero." he responds "Perhaps. Personally I've never had much time for heroes."

ASSEMBLY ROOM

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." Dumbledore says. Astrix walked up to Cho, "hey cho.." Cho looked at her, "i just wanted you to know, you had the right person, just not enough time." Astrix hugged her. Cho began to sob in her shoulder.

BEDROOM

Harry and Astrix are sitting on a bed, Dumbledore walks in. "I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year, by accident of course. I put you in terrible danger this year, I'm sorry." Dumbledore looks at Astrix in confusion, "Professor, when I was in the graveyard there was a moment... um... when Voldemort's wand and ours sort of connected." Astrix said, "Priori Incantatem. You saw your parents that night didn't you? They reappeared." Harry nods. "No spell can reawaken the dead Harry I trust you know that. Dark and diffiult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone."

he leaves, "and you've got a two smart and pretty girls with you.." he winked and left, Harry and Astrix started chuckling.

HOGWARTS

There's a large crowd gathered, the pupils are going home. Viktor
Krum gives Hermione a kiss but she backs up, he hands her some paper. "Write to me. Promise." Krum says, "Viktor, im sorry to break it to you but i have a girlfriend." Viktor looked at her shocked, "im sorry if i made any mess ups in your relationsh - its fine!" Hermione chuckled.

Ron is sitting alone. The french sisters approach him, they both
in turn give him a kiss on the head. "Au revoir Ron." says fleur The Beauxbatons girls leave in uniform, the crowd applauds. The Durmstrang boys leave too, shaking hands as they go. "Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asks "No I don't think so." Harry responds "i just want a Dark Arts professor who wont kill me." the group laughed.

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" Hermione asks "Yes." Harry responds "Promise you'll write this summer. all of you." Hermione said "Well I won't. You know I won't!" Ron reslonded, "Harry will won't you?" Hermione asked "Yeah. Every week." Harry responds.

They look over the balcony, the flying horses pulling a carriage
head off into the distance. The Bulgarians' ship goes underwater.