VI - Black Lake

A BRIDGE OUTSIDE HOGWARTS

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now." Hermione said, "Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out, right?" Harry asks "I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being. I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?" Hermione asks

"pyshical being? im sure you know what tpye of 'being' my sister is by now. and whats that supposed to mean?" Harry asks "I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." Hermione responds "Hey Potter." Cedric greeted "Cedric."

"How are you?" he asked, "Spectacular." Harry responds "Look I realise I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons." Cedric explained, "Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me." Harry responds "Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" Cedric asks, Harry nods. "It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water." Cedric left, "you better get going to the fifth floor." Hermione suggested, "i better do." Harry walked off.

BATHROOM

Harry enters to see Astrix sitting checking her egg out. "what are you doing in the bathroom?" Harry asks "luna suggested to come here, but its actually really peaceful." Harry walked up and sat beside her. "if you dont mind looking away.." Astrix closed her eyes. Harry starts taking his clothes off, he gets in the bath. He has his golden egg on the side. "I must be out of my mind, you can open your eyes now." Astrix takes her hoodie and shirt off and gets in the bath next to him, He opens the egg and the horrible screech noise comes out. "I'd try putting it in the water if I were you."

"Myrtle!" Harry says surprised, "Long time no see." The ghostly figure of little Myrtle flies around. "I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of polyjuice potion. Not being a bad boy again are you Harry?" she asks "Polyjuice potion! Kicked the habit. Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" Harry replied Myrtle flies around again and gets in the water. "Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric." Harry takes the egg and puts it under the water. Astrix goes underwater. she hears a voice singing.

Come seek us where our voices sound.
We cannot sing above the ground. An
hour long you'll have to look, to recover
what we took.

"Myrtle, there aren't Merpeople in the black lake are there?" Astrix asks "Ahhh, very good. Took Cedric ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone.." Myrtle laughs and Harry is embarrassed. "this is why im still wearing my clothes." Astrix looks at Harry, "yeah.. good tip.." Harry responds.

LIBARY

"Astrix!" Luna called out, "Luna! yes? whats wrong?" Astrix asks "have you looked at Gillyweed? its a plant that helps you breathe underwater for some time." Luna responds "Gillyweed? i've heard of it but i didnt know what it does, thanks Luna." Astrix hugged her. "Mrs. Lovegood." Mcgonagall said, "Proffesor Mcgonagall." Luna responds, "please come with me, not you Lupin. just Luna." Luna looks at Astrix and walks awau with mcgonagall.

THE NEXT DAY

Luna runs up to Astrix, "here, Gillyweed." Neville hands her it. "thanks." Neville walked off, "your using gillyweed aswell?" Harry asked, "yeah, you too?" Astrix replied, "me too!" Harry responded "Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own."