meteors

Everything was falling down.

Everything.

The whole world.

The atmosphere shattering piece after piece, crashing onto everything below it,
rushing through every layer on fire, a burning beauty of disaster.

It was a burning beauty of disaster.

Even though he said he had one week left, he still broke it up. No time to even have one last coffe date. So, because of that, that last week was a living hell.

Everyone knew for some reason, as if you guys were a movie and were the only scene everyone could talk about. Every class you entered, "Why'd you guys break up?"

You didn't answer.

Because honestly, you didn't know.

You told yourself that you at least had to get through this week because of final semester exams, but at this point, it felt like you didn't even care.

Which was pretty bad.

You had to pass these exams for you to continue specific classes next semester, and you wanted to stay in those classes for the benefit of your education.

So you had to pass.

But the distraction of him made everything topple over. You tried to study, test yourself, and everything in between, but all you could think about was him.

It was shit. Really.

You wanted him out of your mind.

Gone.

But every single thing reminded you of him. His desk, locker, lunch table, and even a vending machine where he would get a snack every afternoon.

Was this normal? Normal thoughts after a breakup? It didn't seem like it. You felt like you were going crazy because all you thought about was him.

Nothing else.

Eventually though, you started to emerge back into your senses after he was gone for good. You didn't see him in the hallways or at a local store, he was in a whole other country apart from you, and...you didn't think about him.

However

It felt empty. If...that makes sense.
It felt as if your "packed schedule" you would say to make up an excuse for not doing homework was completely free despite school. So, because of that free schedule, you actually were able to study for your exams and...you passed.

Then, winter break came.

You're 18th birthday.

It sucked really, even though you always told everyone "I can't wait to be legal." It sucked because he said he would be there. He'd be there for your big day, just like he was for the past 17, but now, he wasn't.

Not even a gift before you broke up or a "happy early birthday" message. Not a single thing.

About a month later after he left, you felt on edge. As if he would pop out at any moment and surprise you or send you text. But, the on edge part wasn't completely about him. It was random really, but whenever you were alone, you felt like you were being watched by something or someone.

You didn't know why.

A few weeks later marked two months since you last saw him.

You decided to attend a gathering for the town, which was for everyone to see a meteor shower later that night for which some of your friends would be attending. You never saw one before, so you thought it'd be a cool enough experience.

So, you walked to the area where the event would be held since it was only a 10 minute walk from your house. It was pretty dark out, the sky clear enough to see the stars. About 30 minutes later, the event started, everyone "ooo"ing and "aww"ing at the night sky when the shower started.

One of your friends asked everyone if they wanted a drink and everyone said yeah. So, she went back to her car, one friend following her to help her carry the drinks back. Your other friend then told you she had to use the bathroom, so she left too, leaving you by yourself.

The sky was a pretty sight for sure, looking as if the stars weren't star shaped but just straight lines. You kept your gaze on the view above, not paying any mind to anyone around you. Eventually, the event was over, and your friends never came back. You assumed they just left, but, they didn't.

You found your friends car in the parking lot, not seeing her near it in anyway. You peaked through the window, still seeing the drinks she was supposed to bring back earlier, still in the car. You stood back up straight, looking around the area, no sign of her, nor the other friend that went with her. You decided to go to the bathroom area to see if she was still there, and she wasn't. You pulled out your phone to call her, dialing her number and waiting for her to answer. You'd expect for her to answer, but instead, you heard her ringtone from around you. You brought the phone down from your ear and turned around you to the open area, not a single soul in sight.

You walked over to where your heard her phone, the phone just laying in the grass.

The next morning, you woke up, rubbing your head from a morning headache. You got up from your bed, walking downstairs to make some cereal for breakfast. As normal, you made some cereal, then walked over to the living room couch, turning on the TV. The TV turned on, the first channel to appear being the news channel. You didn't really pay mind to it since the news always talked about politics and more, but this time, it caught your attention.

The news broadcasted live from where the meteor shower event was held last night. There was crime scene tape around the premises, cops looking searching the area, and just a whole bunch of weird stuff. You took a bite of your cereal as you watched the news reporter read the story of what was happening as of now.

"Last night at the meteor shower event, 3 teenage girls went missing unexpectedly. Nobody reports where they saw where they went but just know this was there last stop before disappearing."

The news reporter then stopped reading and pressed a button on her ear monitor, listening to someone through a line. You watched as her eyes widened in horror, but kept calm as she looked back towards the camera.

"Police just reported in, searching the woods behind the scene, which is now becoming part the scene as we speak. I was told just then that the search squad had just found a dead body of another teenage girl, hidden underneath of what the police said "dirt, sticks, logs and such," who was tragically of what they seems to be, "hit in the head with a heavy object." The reporter than pressed her ear monitor again, then looked back at the camera.

"Police have now identified the girl as "Kim Y/n."

hi pookies
bite me ate as pure usual