ONE

welcome, to neverland. 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHOI ERI exited her room which would be her new home for the next few months. she was already missing her old house. she took out her phone, fingers scrolling as her eyes scanned the schedule displayed on her screen. 

"new school and a not-so-new me," she thought to herself.

choi eri had dark brown hair that reached her chest with overgrown blue highlights reaching the ends of her hair. she had bangs that covered a good portion of her well-sculpted face. her grey eyes were glued to her phone as she tried to understand the school map. she wore a dark black blazer adorned with gold buttons and a crest on the left side with a large N embellished on it. 

she switched to her phone camera, adjusting her bangs and then seeing if her striped tie was centered properly. eri placed her phone back into her backpack. her eyes took in her surroundings. the pillars in the hallways were marble, the ceiling was high from the ground with large crystal chandeliers hanging in the middle. the dark blue accents from the walls complimented the hallway perfectly. 

eri looked at the other students around her, some were walking alone, some were walking in groups and some had odd features sticking out of their bodies. she watched as the person's wings fluttered every so often, their white feathers yearning to move.  

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"welcome, to neverland,"

loud applauses echoed in the auditorium. in the middle of the stage was the principal, lee hyeonjung. behind her was a large logo of the school, neverland. she looked at the audience with a proud expression on her face. 

"here in neverland, we welcome students of all kinds. students who are gifted with smarts, strength, powers, and so on. neverland is a place where the impossible is made possible. we heavily believe that with the help of our own gifted teachers, you will leave this school with neverending potential. congratulations on your acceptance and may you enjoy the rest of your days here," hyeonjung ended her speech, and with a twirl of the wand in her hand, the last of what was seen of her was sparkles.

this was going to be a very interesting school to say the least. 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

after a long day of introductory classes, eri found herself strolling around the campus. she wanted to slowly adjust herself to the place. 

eri arrived at a secluded lake. there was a relaxing atmosphere at the lake filled with serenity. it was only disturbed by the occasional splashing of the fish. she sat down on the grass, legs crossed as she stared at the rippling of the clear blue water.

suddenly, a figure emerged from the water, causing eri to let out a scream. she jumped to her feet, inching away from the lake. 

it was a girl. she had long, silky black hair that complimented her milky complexion. purple scales peeked out from the water, rainbows reflecting against the water. she was gorgeous. 

"oh my gosh! i'm so sorry for startling you," her voice was melodic and gentle. almost like a siren. her dark brown eyes were staring at eri with curiosity. 

"no! i'm sorry for interrupting you," eri's voice trailed off as she watched the girl climb out of the lake, sitting on the edge of the lake. her wondrous purple scales that covered her tail were revealed.

"y-you're a mermaid," eri breathed, surprised that she had said it out loud. 

"i'm karina," karina smiled at eri, her tail fins splashing against the water, "are you new here?"

eri nonchalantly nodded her head, "yes...i am,"

"but i'm in the ordinary course," eri quickly responded, waving her hands around.

karina let out a chuckle at her cute gesture, "don't worry i don't bite,"