SIX

unfamiliarity. 

contains swearing

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

THE NIGHT SKY was picturesque. amongst the dark and navy sky were small dots that twinkled every now and then. the sky was so clear that eri could see the crescent moon. the moon was glowing a yellowy white, surrounded by a graceful glow.  

she walked on the pavement with a bag of groceries in her hand. to her dismay, she ran out of strawberries as well as toothpaste. from the past few days, she had been craving strawberries to the point that it was pretty much the only thing she ate. she scrolled through her instagram stories on her phone, laughing quietly at beomgyu's recent story.

eri heard a loud thump nearby. she immediately swiped off the app, alerted at her surroundings. the place was too quiet. under the lampost stood a disfigured figure staring straight at her. it had six legs and was as tall as a child. eri froze in her spot as the sounds of its footsteps grew louder. 

before she knew it, she was on the ground with the creature toppled over her. the creature snarled at eri, its saliva splattering all over her face. she scrunched up her face as she tried to avoid its gnashing teeth. eri let out a groan and kicked the body of the creature, sending it flying a good few meters away from her, landing on the pavement with a slam. eri blinked twice.

"was i always this strong?" she asked herself, eyes darting to her feet.

"watch out!" eri rolled onto the pavement, wincing at the sudden contact. she brought herself up from the ground, watching as the familiar figure place his hands out at the creature, making it float into the air. he curled his fingers into a fist, the action reciprocating to the creature. its neck twisted as it struggled to breathe, eyes bulging out. 

"jake, now!" he exclaimed. the raven-haired boy unclenched his fist, and an orange-colored hue escaped from his hands, hitting the creature as it let out a loud shriek before falling onto the ground, shrieking as its body shriveled, eventually burning to a crisp. 

eri could only watch the scene unfold in front of her, glued to the ground. 

"eri, are you okay?" jake asked concerned. eri snapped out of her daze and brought herself up from the ground, confusion clouding her features.