SEVEN

vampires.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

ERI GAPED at the area. it was at an abandoned warehouse, large and spacious. the moonlight peeked through the windows. wooden crates, planks, and old couches were scattered everywhere in the place.

"how did you find this place?" eri asked as she walked around the area, her fingers grazing against the dusty window frames.

"jungwon found this place by accident. this is our hangout area outside of campus," answered the youngest, niki. 

"do we really have to do this at night? we have school the next day you know," mumbled eri, looking at the time on her phone.

"is eight o clock your bedtime?" jungwon raised his brows at the girl.

"yes it is. i need to be tucked in by seven," replied eri, sarcasm overflowing her voice as she crossed her arms.

"eri, come here," sunoo waved to her, gesturing for her to come over to where he was.

"could you try and lift this?" heeseung asked, pointing to the wooden crate on the ground.

"i can try," eri placed her hands on each side of the crate, letting out a grunt as she tried to lift it. it was much heavier than she thought it would be.

"i really don't think i have powers," eri sighed. she rubbed her hands on her shorts after dropping the crate (it was barely 10 centimeters off the ground) back to where it was.

"what if you tried punching it?" suggested heeseung. 

"are you serious?" eri furrowed her brows at his suggestion.

"hyung, what if she breaks her knuckles or something," sunoo worried.

"at least i have a reason to not participate in sports class," thought eri. 

the two boys watched in anticipation as eri clenched her fists tightly, mumbling words to herself before she finally threw a punch to the crate. upon impact, the crate instantly broke, and the sounds of the wooden pieces clanked against the floor. eri eyes fluttered open, blinking in disbelief as she took a double take between her hands and her fist.