FIVE

faltering trust.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

ERI FROWNED as the grey-haired male stood beside her. she didn't bother glancing at him and instead, rummaged through her locker for her notebook. 

"hey...about yesterday-"

eri closed her locker, "please do not talk to me," her voice was stern and firm which scared the boy slightly. 

"i'm really sorry about yesterday," he apologized as he tried to match her pacing.

"if you're sorry, why can't you explain what happened yesterday?" she responded, evidently annoyed. 

he bit his lip in thought, "well...it's really complicated,"

eri stopped in her tracks, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"is this what you do with all of the girls you meet? you bring them into a secluded room, interrogate them, make them faint, and then leave without explaining?" her jaw clenched as she snapped.

sunoo noticed the number of heads that turned to them.

"eri. i know it's extremely confusing but please trust me when i say that we have no ill intentions for you," his voice went quiet, "i'll explain it to you soon but you really just have to trust me,"

eri stared into his brown eyes that shined with sincerity. how could she possibly trust them after acting so odd with her the day before? maybe she couldn't trust the rest of them. but she could try and trust sunoo. just a little bit.

"okay. but if you don't explain it to me soon, i'm going to be really pissed off," eri went poker-faced, showing sunoo that she was really serious about this. sunoo could only gulp before he trailed after eri to their biology class.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

recently, eri didn't feel hungry as she did before. her appetite consisted of three meals a day as well as two dessert times. but now, she couldn't even dare to look at the stash of snacks she had in her drawer. she rested her head on her palm as she watched karina eat.

"are you not hungry?" asked karina, feeling eri's eyes on her as she ate.

eri shook her head, "not really..."

"at least eat the fruit bowl," karina urged, pushing the bowl of fruits closer to her.

eri poked at the fruits, eating the ones she was drawn to.

"you must really like strawberries and watermelon hm?" chuckled karina, noticing how fast she was scarfing down the fruits.

eri nodded her head, feeling satisfied.