Chapter 37- The Stakeout

We can see spirits casually mingling among a few rocks scattered throughout the desert landscape early in the morning. We had arrived in a local Earth Kingdom desert village with hopes to track down Aiwei. Naga stops to sniff the ground.

I pull in the jeep behind Korra.

"Aiwei has definitely been through here." Korra says. "Nice tracking, girl."

"Let's ask around. Maybe someone's seen him." Mako suggested.

We all hop out our vehicle and walk inside of a tavern as Mako pushes the curtain aside at the entrance. We enter and everyone in the tavern glances at us.

Bolin notices something on the wall of the tavern and it's a wanted poster of him. "Ohh look, they have a mover poster of me." Mako looks at the poster with mild surprise. "Must be big Nuktuk fans," Bolin rubs his hands together. He starts to walk forward. "I should go out and say hello."

Mako grabs Bolin by his sleeve. "No. Those are wanted posters and there's one for each of us." We look closer to the wall to reveal wanted posters of all five teens on the wall. Mako reads Korra's poster. "Wanted by Her Majesty, the Earth Queen, for crimes against the Kingdom." Mako as he raises an eyebrow while Korra is fuming behind him. Glances back at Korra, rolling his eyes. "I'm guessing this is because we took her airbenders."

Korra is frustrated. "They weren't hers to keep! I swear, if I see her pinchy little queen face again," Asami glances back into the tavern. "I am going to-"

Asami interrupts with alarm. "Uhh, guys..." I look across the various patrons of the bar. One man pulls out his sword while another shows off his spear. "We should get out of here."

The group walked out and Korra does a gesture to all the men in the tavern before she departs. We made our way back to the jeep, I let Asami drive this time.

Naga is running with Korra on her back and the rest of us follow, after a while we make it to a windy road.
The jeep follows closely and Naga runs up a small slope. Naga sniffs the ground for any scent near a bunch of rocks.

"Naga found something." Korra gets off her mount and Naga sits. The Avatar earthbends a giant boulder to the side to find Aiwei's jeep hidden behind a small clearing.

Naga bumps her head on and nudges Korra and awaits a reward. "Oh... Sorry, I forgot to bring treats," Naga whines and bends down as Korra affectionately rubs the polar bear dog's face. "but, good girl."

Naga responds by whining once more and turn to walk away. Her tail whips and slaps Korra in the face, causing her to groan. Asami, the brothers and I walk up to the vehicle in the background. Korra hunches her shoulder's from Naga's cold shoulder attitude.

Asami walks toward the jeep. "This must be Aiwei's jeep. He can't be far."

Mako looks at the Misty Palms Oasis and walks to the edge of the slope. "Bolin and I will investigate the Misty Palms Oasis, and see if he's hold up there." We look down the cliff to see the view of a town nearby.

"Yes!" Bolin folds his arms. "I love it when you talk like a cop."

"I'm coming too." Korra said.

"No." Mako replied. "You, Asami and Fara wait here in case he comes back. Besides, we don't want to call too much attention to ourselves."

Reluctantly, Korra said. "All right."

Excitedly, Bolin says. "Ooh, Mako, Mako, Mako! We should wear disguises and pretend we're going undercover! That way," he places a hand over his mouth and the other on his forehead. "no one will recognize us. Haha, police work is so exciting!"