Chapter 1: Jamal Rose "RJ": Origin

"PEW! PEW! PEW!"

Sudden sounds of futuristic laser sounds blast at full volume from a smart phone sitting on a messy-looking drawer with clothes, video game cases, and unfinished food all over it. Surprisingly it's the only messy part of the fairly small room. Anime/Hero figurines and hero posters fill the room with a lava lamp's light being dimmed by the morning sun ray peeking through the window.

" HEY! WAKE YOUR ASS UP! Going to wake up the entire neighborhood with that sound!" said a large, dark skinned man wearing glasses peeking into the room. "Jeez. Go wake him up, Oreo."

A small husky-breed puppy rushes into the room, barking almost louder than the laser sounds coming from the phone. It jumped on the bed and started licking the boy's face; waking him up.

" H-Hey Oreo! What are you doing, boy?" said the boy; picking the dog up while it was licking his face.

The boy had a dark skin color with three freckle spots on each cheek; mirroring each side. He also had large afro-like hair with two curve cuts on the left side in the front of his hair. He placed the dog down and turned off the loud alarm sound coming from his phone.

"Welp. Time for another day of school. Thank god it's Friday, said the boy; opening the window and looking at the small neighborhood outside the apartment.

After taking a shower, putting on his school uniform, and other daily necessities the boy walked into the kitchen of the small apartment. He looked at the man that was yelling earlier who was drinking from a coffee mug while typing away at his laptop. He was wearing a button-up shirt with a name tag on it that said, Jaxson Rose.

" Yo, Jamal! I packed your breakfast already sleepy head. It's sitting on the counter over there," said Jackson while taking a sip of his morning coffee.

" Thanks, Dad. You're not going to work today?" said Jamal while eating a granola bar.

" Not right now. Told them I'll be coming in late today. Gotta take care of some business with your uncles over in America. I'll probably be heading back over there for a week. Not sure though. Speaking of late; you better hurry up."

Jamal nodded as he looked at his father tapping his watch and walked towards the front door while holding the container of breakfast. As he opened the door, he looked at a shrine with a beautiful woman's pictures all over it. She has long black hair and a face full of freckles. The name, Monica Rose, is on the top of the shrine.

" I'm heading out, Mom. I'm going to make you proud one day," said Jamal before closing the door behind him.

Flashback- Jamal: Age 5

" Yeah. Sadly I've got nothing" said a doctor, with big round glasses and a mustache, slouched in his chair.

" Is there something wrong? I mean he's passed the age of 4. Surely it would have manifested by now?" asked Monica Rose.

" Can you remind me what your quirks are again?"

" Well my quirk is Telekinesis. I can move objects however I want."

" Mine is Water Generation. I can... well you get it," said Jaxson.

The doctor further explained that he doesn't even know why Jamal hasn't manifested a quirk yet. He has traces of both quirks in his genes but they just aren't doing anything at the moment.

" S-so when will I get my quirk?" asked Jamal as a kid with his afro almost covering his eyes.

" Who knows? Tomorrow? A year? 5 years?" said the doctor; spinning in his chair.

" So there's still a chance! You hear that Mom and Dad! I'm a special case. It must be a super powerful quirk! I'm going to be the greatest hero!"

Jamal jumped all around the room joyfully while mimicking how his parents use their quirks; wondering what quirk he will manifest one day. His parents had relieved looks on their faces as they watched their son with the brightest smile on his face.