Chapter 5: Welcome to U.A.

The next day, after receiving the notification that he was accepted into U.A., RJ met up with All Might at the same beach he had cleaned up and trained at for the past 10 months. All Might was leaning on a wall when RJ showed up and shouted his name.

" All Might!" shouted RJ jumping down the stairs toward the beach area.

" Hey! Don't say my name. Are you trying to tell everyone my secret?" said All Might, while spitting out blood. " Augh. Congrats on passing."

" Thank you! I was surprised to hear you're working at U.A. Wait a minute. Do they know about your... y'know?"

" Yeah and only them. I wanted to be a teacher at some point in my life and they had a job opening. And also... Never mind."

All Might paused, confusing RJ, and decided to change the subject. All Might picked a piece of hair from his head again and presented it in front of RJ.

" You kept your promise of passing the exam using your own quirk and I kept mine. There's a difference between something you were born with out of pure luck and something you won after working hard for it! The power, One For All, is now yours! You earned this power fair and square! Now! Eat this!" said All Might while holding the piece of golden hair and smiling.

" Oka... Come again?" said RJ in disbelief.

" W-Well you have to take in some of my DNA for the power to be passed on."

" I was expecting something... more magical or something... F-Fine."

RJ took the piece of hair from All Might's hand and looked at it in disgust. He closed his eyes and quickly put it in his mouth and swallowed.

" Ack! Greasy!" said RJ while wiping off some of the leftover hair on his tongue that wasn't swallowed.

" How else am I supposed to keep this beautiful hair up in this form? HAHA!"

" So what's next?"

" We test it out!"

All Might grabbed RJ, around his waist, and jumped up onto the rooftop of a nearby building. On top of the building, there was a punching bag and a bunch of empty barrels that All Might had set up. All Might brought one of the barrels over to RJ and set it in front of him.

" If you want to draw out the full power of One For All you have to put all your feelings into it. Think you want to crush this thing down to a pancake. Yell SMASH and crush the barrel using one or both of your hands. Doesn't matter, " said All Might while crushing a small soda can to give him a demonstration.

" Okay. Here goes... SMASH!!!" shouted RJ putting both his hands on top of the barrel and pushing downwards.

Nothing happened. RJ kept pushing down on the barrel and continuing to shout SMASH but it wouldn't budge. All Might himself was confused and took a look at RJ's arm.

" Maybe it hasn't kicked in yet. It worked immediately for me when I inherited it from my master," said All Might, returning to his true form.

" Way to brag," said RJ, still pushing down on the barrel; struggling.

" Let's try again later. Maybe you need a little energy. Have you eaten lunch today?"

" No, I haven't. Hey! Let's go to that new ramen shop that opened up down this street!" said RJ running to the staircase of the building.

" Already running. Alright! Wait for me!"

2 Hours Later

" Alright let's try it again!" shouted All Might pumping up RJ.