Chapter 4: First Step to Becoming a Hero

RJ looked behind him and he saw the petite girl with earphone jacks on her earlobes. Her name was Kyoka Jiro. RJ angrily flipped her off and rushed to find another robot to destroy.

" Hey! What was that for? No need to be a dick," said Jiro running behind RJ.

" What the!? You took my robot, you chopping board!" shouted RJ while still looking for a robot.

" Chopping Board! You take that back, Caterpillar Eyebrows!"

As Jiro was angrily running after RJ, a three-point robot appeared from behind her. RJ quickly noticed and turned around. The robot slammed a metal claw towards Jiro but RJ quickly jumped at her to get her out of the way.

" H-Hey! You can't get off now!" said Jiro looking up at RJ on top of her while blushing.

" Sorry about that. It almost got you there," said RJ while getting up from on top of Jiro.

" TWO TARGETS! MUST DESTROY HEROES!" shouted the three-point robot.

Jiro and RJ both took their stances and rushed toward the robot. Jiro sent her earphone jacks into the robot and it started to vibrate violently. Unlike the lower point robots, the three-point kept moving forward, trembling, without malfunctioning. A big water shuriken formed on RJ's back and he quickly grabbed it.

" Water Shuriken!" shouted RJ throwing the shuriken at the robot's head.

The water shuriken sliced the three-point robot's head in half cleanly and it fell to the ground. RJ and Jiro looked at each other and started laughing.

" Haha. That was a nice combo we had there. I guess that counts as your points," laughed Jiro patting RJ on his shoulder.

" You think? Well you do owe me from earlier," laughed RJ while patting Jiro's head.

" Don't touch me, pervert."

" But you can?"

As they were talking, the ground started shaking and some buildings in the test area started collapsing. RJ looked around thinking it was an unexpected mini earthquake but it was much worse. A giant robot appeared out of the dust from the collapsed buildings! The robot towered over all the participants and everyone started running in the opposite direction.

" This is the other robot I mentioned earlier!" shouted Present Mic on the intercom. " It's worth zero points so you might as well try to avoid it as best as you can! Think of it as an obstacle."

" They're really not pulling their punches with this test!" said RJ walking backwards slowly while looking at the gigantic robot.

" No kidding!" said Jiro, also walking backwards.

Both started to run away with the other participants from the giant robot. As RJ was running he heard some grunting that sounded like someone was in pain. He turned around and saw a girl with big round pink circles on her cheeks stuck under some rubble. He grabbed Jiro by her shirt and started running towards the girl.

" Hey! Let me go! What are you doing!" shouted Jiro trying to free herself from RJ's grasp.

" We gotta stop that robot before it crushes that girl right there!" said RJ pointing at the pink-cheeked girl while dragging Jiro.

" I'm pretty sure the school wouldn't risk killing a participant in a test! Plus that thing is huge! Let's just go! She'll be fine! They'll probably stop the robot before it gets to her!"

" Test or not we have to save her! If you don't want to help then be my guest!"

RJ let go of Jiro and started waving at the zero-point robot frantically. The other participants looked confused as to why RJ wasn't running away like everyone else.