Rules of Duel Monsters

Since some of you don't know how the game works let me explain.

There are two players in each Duel.

Each player makes a Deck using 40 cards. The Decks are shuffled before a Duel.

There are two kinds of cards; Monster Cards and Spell Cards.

Each player starts with 4000 Life Points. If a player runs out of Life Points they lose.

At the beginning of a Duel, each player draws five cards, which become their hand.

The players take turns. Each turn the turn player draws one card from their Deck.

If a player cannot draw because there are no more cards in their Deck, they lose.

The turn player can Summon cards from their hand in Attack or Defense Mode. Attack Mode is vertical. Defense Mode is horizontal.

The turn player can attack with Attack Mode monsters.

If an Attack Mode monster battles another Attack Mode monster, the monster with the lower ATK is destroyed and its controller loses Life Points equal to the difference.

When Attack Mode monsters with equal ATK battle, both are destroyed.

If an Attack Mode monster attacks a Defense Mode monster and its ATK is higher than the defending monster's DEF, the defending monster is destroyed and no Life Points are lost.

If an Attack Mode monster attacks a Defense Mode monster and its ATK is lower than the defending monster's DEF, neither monster is destroyed and the controller of the attacking monster loses Life Points equal to the difference in the ATK and DEF.

If a player does not have a monster to defend from their opponent's monster attack, the monster's ATK is deducted from the defenseless player's Life Points.

Destroyed cards go to the Graveyard.
The turn player can activate Spell Cards from their hand.

Spell Cards cannot battle, but can be used to affect other cards or the players.

Spell Cards can be played face-down on the field until they are ready to be used.

Spell Cards are sent to the Graveyard after they have been used.

Some monsters have effects that alter gameplay.

And those are the rules of the game. I hope you enjoyed it, now I bet you're wondering why I have the cards be a part of the story. This is because the Millennium items will give Izuku the ability to bring the Cards to life and use them in hero work. Thank you and I hope to see you all again.