Chapter 6 (Emilia's POV)

I walk Bri to the café and then run straight home. Maybe if i tell my dad about what she told me he'll rethink his decision. He can't straight out say that I can't go to college because he would never admit that in front of my mother.

Anyways he's to happy to say no. My brother, Daniel, is coming back from business school this month. We went to his graduation 3 weeks ago but my parents wanted to give him a month to say goodbye to his friends and to spend a little time in his apartment alone before he came home.

Maybe I should wait until he comes home. I could use him as an example of a werewolf going to college. Also if i tell my brother to ask my dad if i could go he probably would. My dad can't say no to Daniel. The only problem is I don't know when Daniel is coming and I have a 2 week deadline.

I open the door and find my mother in the game room playing ping-pong with Brandon. My mom babysits Brandon while his parents work in the city. "I win." She yells at the 10 year old.

"How did you get so good?" I hear Brandon ask.

"Decades and decades of practice. Maybe when you get to be as old as me you can look after a kid and beat him in ping-pong."

"I'll never babysit, kids are horrible."

I tried to sneak up to my room but my mother and i made eye contact. "You're not horrible. Emilia wasn't horrible and she can beat me in ping-pong."

"Well I am old so..."

"No you're not. You are a teenager."

"Exactly. Mom I need to speak to dad have you seen him."

"Last time i saw him he was setting up Daniels house."

Right. Dad decided now that Daniel was done with school he deserved a place of his own. There was a house in the middle of the woods that belonged to my great-grandparents. My grandparents found no need for it so they left it alone. Without anyone attending to it the house fell into disrepair. My dad started to fix up to fit the lifestyle of a 21 year old bachelor. I think Daniel deserved it but my dad won't stop stressing out about it. He spends all his time at that house.

I don't think it's a good idea to go to my dad and ask him anything let alone question his decision to switch my schools.