Chapter 11 (Bridget's POV)

I realized how childish it was to run away when I got to the bathroom. I mean there's only one exit in this shop and we're closing in 2 hours. He'll surely wait in the front for me or he'll grow impatient and find a way back here. I'll just call my mom she'll get me out of this situation.

To find my mate on a crappy day like this did not improve my mood. I actually felt worse, like I was going to vomit. I got out of the bathroom and decided to play it cool. I took out my phone and dialed my moms number. Quinn came into the backroom.

"What was that about?"

"I didn't feel well. Thought I might vomit."

"Oh okay just making sure you weren't dying."

"Yeah I'm fine. Did you handle the customer?"

"Yes I did. He just left actually."

"Cool I'm calling my mom is it okay if I leave now?"

"Of course you weren't even supposed to work today I owe you one."

"Thanks."

My mom didn't answer but I didn't sweat it. I was no longer in a rush and the walk would be good for clearing my mind. I must've been one of those people who mate with humans. He'll never know to care if I don't tell him. I thought those matches were myths and here I am a perfect example of a miracle.

I walk outside and its colder than I expected. I'm shivering as I start my walk home. A red SUV speeds past and then stops suddenly. I've seen enough movies to know that I'm going to get kidnapped. But,they usually go for a common color red is a bit outgoing.

When the door opens the man in the suit gets out. I guess I wasn't so lucky. I take off again but this time as I'm running I hear the beeping of a car door indicating it was locked and footsteps following behind me. I decided to stop running when I got to a familiar section in the forest near my fathers house.

"Who are you, what do you want and why do you want it from me?"

"You seem to know why I followed you and I would have introduced myself earlier but you took off running twice."

"I have an army of brothers so I suggest you leave me alone."

"Don't you feel anything towards me? Like undying love or unfaltering appreciation? Nothing?"

"My stomach is turning but I also have been having a crappy day so I just piled that right on top." He started to move closer and I swore to myself at the café that I would never go back to my fathers house but it didn't seem I had much of a choice. But, how am I going escape? There's no way he'll just let me run off again and he runs really fast. I just need to get to Spence or Johnathan. "Well I have to get going so stop stalking me."

"I'm not stalking you."

"That's exactly what  a stalker would say."

"You're not a human are you? I think you're trying to throw me off for whatever reason." He smirked at me. Usually smirks make me uber uncomfortable but this time it drew me to him. "What pack are you from?"

I stared at him waiting for him to move. He stared back waiting for my response. "Not a pack you're familiar with."

"Entertain me."

He clearly wasn't budging and I didn't know how this whole mate thing worked so I proposed a solution.

"How about I  take you to my pack and you talk to my father about this?"

"I don't want to talk to you-"

I cut him off before he could completely deny my offer. "I don't know much about mates but don't you have to ask him for my hand in life."

"Life?"

"I was going to say eternity but that's way too long with be with one person."

"I was questioning why you didn't say marriage but okay."

I started to walk away but he stayed still watching me. "You have to FOLLOW me to get there..."

"I have a car and I didn't come dressed to keep doing all of this walking."

"Oh it's whines too! What a great improvement on the situation. My dad doesn't live far Princess." I continued walking this time not checking if he was following.