Chapter 12 (Daniel's POV)

She ran away from me for no reason. All I did was look at her. I didn't even call her my mate or do anything weird. I settled on the idea that I wouldn't wait in the café. I didn't want to intimidate her. I knew if I waited in my car she would eventually come out. I also prefer eating in my car than that small café. Not long after I got into my car and was drinking my coffee did I see her leaving. At first I was going to slowly drive beside her and offer her a ride to wherever she was headed but I decided that was creepy. Instead I drove far enough in front of her that I would have enough time to get out the car and catch up with her and I stopped. I didn't even get out of the car yet when she started running away.

She calls me names and threatens me with attacks from her brothers. She doesn't answer any of my questions but I'm suppose to follow her? She was walking away and something in me would follow her to the ends of the earth but I didn't even know this girls name and she was "taking me to her fathers house"? I gave in and followed her because honestly I didn't know where the hell we were and I needed her to get back to my car. She was a bit bitter to me but I'll chalk that up to working at a café.

Wish I was her alpha. Then I'd be able to invade her thoughts. Even though it would only happen when she's in her wolf form she wouldn't be able to think without me listening. I wonder what she looks like in her wolf form. I always imagined my Luna as a white wolf but I don't think I'll care.

"What are you thinking about?" She yells from ahead of me. I look up and nearly bump into her but she swiftly shifts to the side.

"Nothing....Everything."

"Great you're a dreamer. You'll like my twin brother. All he does is dream all day. His head lives in the clouds." She smiled when she brought up her brother. I decided to push for more information. I had to start with a basic question.

"Oh so you're a twin?" I spoke in an obnoxious tone.

"Don't talk like that." Her smiled instantly disappeared. "I'll tell you anything you want to know about me. It's not like you'll ever use it for anything." She turned around and continued walking.

"What do you mean? I'll want to know you before we get married."

"We'll never get married." She started to speed up. I sensed she was uncomfortable about where the conversation was going so I decided to change the subject.

"So what color is your wolf?" I was basically running at this point.

"I don't have a wolf."

"So you are human?"

She turned around again this time as if she wanted me to bump into her. I stopped dead in my tracks inches from her face. She looked at me with angry eyes. "I. Am not. A human." She turned back around and sped off again.

"Okay. Sorry I asked."

We walked in silence. "Did I do something to make you dislike me?" She didn't respond. "Hello." No answer. "Maybe we should start over. My name is Daniel, I'm 21 and I'm going to be the Alpha of my pack very soon. Your turn."

I waited to be ignored but she answered. "My name is Bridget, I'm 18 and I don't want to talk to you."

"Ouch."

That was the end of our conversation. We walked and walked. All that surrounded us was trees and more trees. When she said her dad didn't live far she lied. We would've saved so much time if we ran as wolves instead of humans but considering she doesn't have a wolf I'm screwed. How are you a werewolf with no wolf?

We came up to some houses that were strategically placed in the middle of nowhere. They seemed oddly familiar and I couldn't understand why until I realized they resembled the houses of the pack I went to earlier. It was hard to tell because it was getting dark and there were no lights on in any of the houses.

"Why are all of lights out?"

"It's movie night on the lawn behind the conference hall." She slowed down. "You can wait right here and I'll go find my dad."

She started to walk away but I grabbed her arm. "You are NOT leaving me here."

She yanked her arm back. "What are you afraid of the dark?"

"Hahaha. How do I even know this is really your pack?"

"Fine follow me around like a lost puppy."

We walked closer to "movie night" and that sense of familiarity was getting stronger. I saw the building I had attended a meeting in earlier today. She spoke when I started to slow down. "Don't worry princess this is the co-"

"Conference hall..."

"Wow you're smarter than I thought." She kept going but I stopped completely. I grabbed her arm again. "Okay you're going to have to stop doing that. I don't like to be touched."

"Is your father's name Marshall Forester?

"Yes." She looked at me. Not looked. She starred at me. "How do you know that?"

"I don't think this is a good idea. We can talk another time. Especially if its relating to you."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing I just have to go." There were strict boundaries created in that meeting and I wasn't going to break them the same day they were placed. I don't want to break them period but if she really is my mate then Marshall and I are going to have to have another lengthy discussion.

"It took us like 30 minutes to get here. Are you serious?"

"Its okay I run faster when I've shifted anyways." I started to jog in the opposite direction.

She shouts. "Do you know your way back?"

"I'll figure it out." She starts to follow me. "Weren't you trying to get rid of me?"

"I don't like not knowing things. Tell me how you know my father." I'm not going to respond. Someone called her name and she turned around. I took my chance and escaped.