Chapter 70: Panic

Liam

What is wrong with this thing? As soon as they went underwater it stopped working.

"Call Taylor!"

"Liam, I'm working on it; it should be fine. The water shouldn't affect her tracker," Taylor immediately says.

"Okay, keep me posted."

"Call Michael," I say into my armstation, hoping he'll answer but given they're probably underwater he more than likely will not answer.

As expected he doesn't answer. Unfortunately, impatience gets the best of me.

"Call Edison!" I yell into my armstation.

He also doesn't answer and I'm growing more frustrated.

"Call Taylor!" I shout into my armstation.

"Liam, the equipment is working. It's like they disappeared," she quickly says.

"What do you mean?"

"The tracking stopped picking them up the moment they went underwater," she says staging the obvious, "maybe it's the cave, let me pull a scan of the place. I'll call you back."

"Okay, hurry up!" I demand in a panic.

In our overplanning, we failed to realize that Jinx Spade was a few steps ahead of us the moment she asked Adrienne on this date. If Spade is an honest Plethorian she will not hurt Adrienne, this is probably a tactic to get closer to her without any interrupts. At least I can be assured of her safety. I never should have compromised and allowed Adrienne to go.

My armstation vibrates and I quickly answer it without checking who the caller might be.

"Taylor, did you find anything?" I ask.

"It's Michael," he says into his armstation, "I'm going to show you the cave.

"Okay."

I watch as he projects the image and I can see the cave around them. Michael and Edison float in the cave near the stalactites Adrienne and Jinx Spade swam under.

"What are you guys waiting for? Follow them," I command.

"Liam," Michael says, "Watch the camera carefully," he says as he dives under the water.

Water surrounds him as he zooms in on a solid off-white and gray wall of stalactites and stalagmites. He moves the camera up and down and it appears that the wall runs from the ceiling of the cave down to the floor. He swims back up to the surface.

"It stops here Liam, there aren't any entrances to swim through. They shouldn't have gone past this point; the length of the cave ends here," Edison says, "At the entrance in the corners the stalactites and stalagmites also meet and form a type of wall; it appears that the walls are keeping this cave standing if I were to remove them it my crumble," he finishes; stopping me from making that suggestion.

"One moment, let me conference Taylor in," I say while adding her to the call.

Her face immediately lights up when she sees Edison, "Hey baby," she says to him.

"Hi," he quickly responds with a smile.

"Michael, show Taylor the wall," I say interrupting their little "I miss you moment."

"Sure," he replies.

He dives under the water and zooms in on the wall for Taylor as he done with me.

"Michael, zoom in on the right," Taylor says as she works away on her armsttion.

"Taylor, do you see something?" I ask.

"Just the wall, I'm comparing the images," she says.

"I'll look around the cave," Edison announces and disappears out of the camera range.

"Darn it! We should have been closer to them," Michael says appearing just as frustrated as I am.

"Michael, she's fine. Don't start blaming yourself," Taylor says.

"If something were to happen to her because–"

"Just stop Michael, she's fine!" Taylor yells clearly upset herself.

I start pacing back and forth growing more upset by the second. They're quickly unraveling and I feel myself doing the same.

"Ughh!" I loudly yell and punch the wall. Unfortunately, it has no effect whatsoever.

Taylor jumps and Michael looks at me full of concern.

"I'm sorry," I say not wanting to upset them more than they are currently upset.

"It's fine; we understand," Michael says.

My armstation vibrates and I quickly check it to see that Edison's calling.

"Edison is calling, I'll conference him in."

"Did you find anything?"

"No, just Jinx Spade's duffle bag sitting on a rock, "There isn't anything in here but their clothes, towels, and shoes," he says.

They swam under the stalactites and it's suddenly a solid wall. Of all Plethorians Lovely might have some insight on this. Hopefully, I'm able to endure her chaos and confusion tactics.

"Call Lovely," I command my armstation while trying my best to calm down.

Lovely immediately answers my call in video mode. I notice her leaning against multi-colored satin pillows while Aiden lays practically on top of her with his head against her chest. She has her arms wrapped around his neck as they both stare at the ceiling. It appears as if she was whispering sweet inspirational quotes and nothings in his ear. I briefly recall our time together in that way and remember how relaxed she made me.

"Liam, I am very surprised to get a phone call from you," Lovely says.

"Please, Queen Lovely, I need your help. Please if you know something, please tell us; no jokes or riddles, I'm serious."

"Liam, what's wrong?" Aiden asks as he sits up in bed.

"Adrienne and Jinx Spade are missing Lovely. They went on a date inside a cave on the back side of Adar Forest and have gone missing."

Lovely sits up.

"Your wife went on a date with someone else," Aiden inquires but Lovely silences him with her hand; which I am grateful for.

"Why would they be missing? Seeing they are on a date, I am pretty sure you are tracking them–"

"Yes, I they swam to the end of the cave and went under stalactites only when we followed them the wall is solid to the bottom. It's like they disappeared."

"Send me the location and information," Lovely says and I quickly obey hoping this isn't a mistake.

"I will send over Dylan and Ethan to help you search for them. Please let your group know," Lovely says.

"What about Ever?" Aiden asks with concern.

"She is fine, Jinx will protect her," Lovely responds.

Aiden nods his head in understanding, "Liam is there anything I can do to help?" he asks me.

I shake my head no. The last thing I need is a visit from an angry Dylan because his spouse decided that he wants to help.

"Thanks for the offer but please stay away," I tell him.

"It's fine, I want to help," he says sincerely and as if we are still friends.

Lovely watches him and his reaction to my rejection for his help. His excitement that he could help quickly turns to disappointment.

"Thanks for the offer. We'll find them soon," I say as kindly as possible before ending the call.

I'll message everyone to let them know that a search party will soon be underway and individually message Lennox to tell her to get the droids involved.