Chapter 127: I'm Not Divorcing You

Adrienne

This night is like any other night. Any other night that I sit alone at my kitchen table stirring my fork around in my food because I can't seem to bring myself to have some semblance of an appetite. My now cold food bunches together in three small piles on my plate as my fork traces around it making an annoying noise that I'm surprised hasn't woken Ever.

I can't escape the dreadful recurring thoughts of Lovely drinking from my Ever and cutting her. Knowing Lovely she purposely did so to get under our skin. It worked. Every time I think about it, I see red.

Lovely and I will have our day.

I also can't get my mind off the fight, of it. How did I do it? It's beyond me. I didn't think it was possible. Since receiving my power, I've always been pushed to the extremes and sent others as far away as I could, has it always been possible for me to hold things close or is this new? How is it possible that instead of sending Chloe, Dylan, and Gavin to Mancufature Island I held them in my ray; I wish I could talk with them to find out what it was like for them. How is it possible that I felt them inside of me while doing so?

Besides them I wonder if I could hold other things, smaller things, and send them to short places like this plate for example. The only way to find out is to try. I carefully lay the fork in the corner of my plate and place the plate in the palm of my hand. I lift my hand and focus on the plate. My ray emerges from my eyes and I gently toss the plate into it.

I know I didn't send it anywhere but why can't I feel it? Let me close my eyes and relax. Deep breaths.

One.

Two.

Three.

Ahh, there it is; the plate. I can feel it in my being floating.

"Ari." Ever says.

My eyes jerk open and I notice the plate falling to the table as my ray dissipates. Ever jumps as the plate crashes against the table.

"I'm sorry," I say as I quickly scrape up the food and fork that fell on the table onto the plate.

I wipe my hand on my shorts.

"What were you doing?" she asks.

"Just practicing. I believe I can hold things in my rays instead of sending them far off. I can feel them when I hold them," I say.

"Is that new?"

"I don't know, I never tried doing it before. I accidentally did it when we were fighting the other day and now I'm trying to figure it all out. I wish I knew what it's like for anything I hold."

"Can I try it?" she asks and steps near me.

"No, absolutely not," I say as I take a step back.

"Please, Ari. You have me curious. I want to know," she says with an innocent smile on her face.

"No, I could accidentally mess up and send you to Vacation Isla or Manfacture Island. You'll be there for hours until we can get to you. I'm not risking it," I say.

"I'm not asking you to risk it," she says as she moves closer, "I want to know what it feels like, I'm asking you to allow me to do so."

"No."

"Please, Ari," she pleads with her captivating innocent eyes, "Please, only for a few minutes. I won't tell anyone. I promise."

"I trust you. I don't trust me to keep you safe and until I do, I'd rather not have you as a test dummy."

She crosses her arms over her chest and pouts her lips. What has gotten into her?

"Baby, why are you acting this way?" I ask.