Chapter 36: I'm Okay

Adrienne

She still claims to have no memory of who she is or how she ended up stranded on our beach; what a cruel joke. At least her story does not change, I'll give her that. In my heart of hearts, I know that she is some type of spy and most of my women agree with me. Sadly, Liam invited her into our home to stay in a guest suite for an evening, yet one evening turned into two, two turned into three, and here we are thirty days later. She is quiet, keeps to herself, and looks nervous all the time. She is a strange one indeed. I do not have anything against her, but she is of a lineage of murders; her family killed my parents.

Sleep has not been my friend lately; therefore, I spend parts of most nights talking with Ava; mostly listening to her reminisce about her and Lennox's union, their life with Preston, and her career. Periodically, Ava mentions Ever in our conversations and I find myself drawn into hearing about her; something about her innocence is intriguing. most of my days are spent avoiding her.

Most of my days are spent avoiding her. She simply does not notice, occupied with all the attention the men give her. Due to the women of Waldemar's unacceptance of her, apart from Glacee and Ava, I am sure they feel obligated to offer her some kindness.

Sadly, the ladies joke about her behind her back, "accidentally" trip her when an opportunity arises, ignore her, and display other childish behaviors. Because I excuse their behavior they continue. Liam and I have gotten into several heated arguments over it.

Today is the start of our periodic weekend stay in our Men and Women's Houses; we gather to spend time with our family, respectively. We use it as an opportunity to hang out and get to know each other more. The Waldemar men do the same, I suppose, and play with all the manly "toys" in their house.

The women left for the Women's House over an hour ago. Wanting to surprise them with a picnic lunch, Ava and I are lagging. We walk toward the Women's House side by side with our overnight bags hanging off our shoulders while we pull the lunches into coolers.

This weekend will be different with our extended guests.

The suns creates a comfortable warmth while shining down on Plethora to show her wonder. The tropical leaves, grass, and flowers all seem to illuminate under the suns powerful presence. Wind gentle howls across Plethora moving all plant life It's path. The beautiful sounds tenderly kiss my ears creating an autonomous sensory meridian response.

"Hey, Ari."

"Hum?" I say while looking at a single leaf that floats about through the air as the wind gently directs it to it's designation.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. Just enjoying the weather. Why?"

"Whatever you say."

"What does that— Wait, do you hear that?"

Banging and shouts come from the house. We quickly fly toward it dropping our bags and the lunch on the front porch.

We run into our front room and see Ever pinned up against the wall by Taylor. It appears as if they are in a brawl. Taylor unexpectedly and repeatedly punches Ever in the stomach and then punches her on the chin. Skye Ivee walks up to Ever pulls her by her beautiful hair and repeatedly punches her on the side of her face very quickly. Lennox spits on Ever and laughs. Others cheer them on.

Tessa yells for them to stop and attempts to jump in but she cannot because Samantha grabs onto her arms and pins them behind her back; possibly to keep her spouse from harm.

Springing into action without thinking, I quickly punch Taylor on the back of her head, and she falls to the floor. I harshly slap Skye Ivee across the face causing her to release Ever's hair. I pull Ever behind me, pin her against the wall, and stand in front of her, shielding her from the women. Her body shakes against the wall and mine. Her breathing was heavy, and I heard whimpers as tears were undoubtedly falling from her eyes. Great now I'm forced to be near her. It makes me feel uncomfortable causing a strange tingling sensation to creep throughout my body.