2

It was only for a few brief moments that she was able to get in a good rest, but the reminder that she had to stop by the library to pick up some books that came in a few days ago popped in her head. With nothing else to do and wanting to stay out as much as possible before going home, the library became her next destination.

The walk to the library was only a few minutes, but that was enough time for her to feel something nudging her inside. Whether it was a good or bad feeling, only time would tell. She fanned herself with her hat and walked towards one of the bored-looking librarians, but stopped in her tracks when the corner of her eye caught sight of something furry and multi coloured- or rather, someone.

It shouldn't have surprised her, but she couldn't help but admire the cosplayers bravery. She turned around and approached the fox-eared boy. "Ah, I knew you would stick out like a sore thumb. Ya got guts doing this in public, especially here. You've earned my respect."

He plopped the stack of books he was carrying onto the table, adding it to the dozens of other stacks. "Oh, it's you, I didn't expect to see you around here."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He laid out the textbooks and went through them, sorting them in smaller piles and leaving others wide open on specific pages. "Never mind what it's supposed to mean. Help me out here and go through that stack" he gestured to a stack of books on the far end of the table with his pen, "and find every topic on herbs and plants, and their page numbers."

When she didn't move, still figuring out what exactly was going on, he poked her with the end of his pen. "Well? What are you waiting for? You're an amurta- sorry, biology student, aren't you?"

"I mean yeah, but what are you doing? Like, seriously, is this part of your roleplay? What do you need all this for? Do you even attend this university?"

The cosplayer pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Alright. Let me clear your skull of any cobwebs." He turned around to face her and gripped the edge of the table, leaning against it.

"Allow me to formally introduce myself. I'm Tighnari, a forest watcher from Sumeru and graduate from the Akademiya. I'm not sure where I am at the moment, nor do I know how I arrived in your world, but I'm doing all that I can to find my way back to Teyvat, the world I come from."

(Y/N) scrunched her eyebrows. "I guess we're roleplaying again... Alright mister Teenari, I-"

"It's Tighnari."

"Right, Tighnari- anyway, I'll help you with your, er, research?"

He shook his head, drawing her attention to his realistic ears that waved. "You don't need to worry, there's not much to do. Just read it all out for me- I'm not exactly familiar with this language, even though it's spoken the same way, the way you humans write it out in this world is completely unfamiliar to me."

Shocked at the length this Tighnari person was willing to go to act out the part, she didn't have the heart to outright refuse his request since he seemed to enjoy roleplaying. Besides, she thought this was his unique way of studying, and if it helped him learn and memorize the content, she was more than happy to help. However, with the amount of textbooks that were thick enough to educate someone for a whole decade, it was a lot more than she could handle.

An idea popped in her head and she pulled out her laptop and searched the web for an audiobook of one of the biology textbooks, then plugged her earphones in and gave him an earpiece. He looked at the device with eyes full of curiosity and wonder. If she could, she'd give him an oscar for his acting- it was so real, she almost believed him!

"What is this?"

"An earpiece. Put it in your ear, and this device will read out the textbook to you."