7

This was definitely a scenario that hadn't crossed her mind. Not even once. Something so painfully obvious she should have been careful of, yet it completely slipped her mind. She'll just have to fix it to the best of her abilities.

All she could think about was Tighnari- Is he escaping right now? Had he already made it out? Does he shed? She hoped his ears were big enough to catch on to what the officer had said and had a grasp on the situation.

Her hands became hot and sweaty, and she could hear her heartbeat thumping in her ears. If her parents were home, things would have been a lot more difficult- but even now she was in a very bad position. She was on edge trying to calculate the time they would be back while conjuring an excuse that would get her into the least amount of trouble.

Despite her thoughts and raging emotions, on the outside she stared blankly at them with bored eyes. One of the officers leaned forward a bit, waiting for her reply. Instead, she yawned.

"Sure, I have no problem with that. But could you give me a minute or two? There's something I need to take care of."

She hoped it would be enough to buy her some time, or even Tighnari some time to escape- however he could.

"Ma'am we need to search your property for the suspect- I'm sure you know very well who we are referring to."

A hand reached out to push the door open, and she nearly blew her calm cover until she clicked her tongue. "Of course I do- that furry cosplayer dude, right? Here's the situation fellas, I'm not wearing a shirt- or a bra for that matter. So to make everybody comfortable while you guys search and poke your noses everywhere, allow me to cover myself- it ain't for free, you know."

(Y/N) was well aware of her level of attractiveness. Her face and words alone made the soldiers either look away or blush the slightest bit. Eventually, who she assumed was the leader of the group, sighed and looked at his watch.

"Young lady, you have exactly 1 minute."

"Cool- stay right there, I'll be back." She lazily shut the door. The moment she heard the door click, she ran to the kitchen, making sure to keep her footsteps light.

Paranoid and frightened, she whisper-shouted Tighnari's name, looking everywhere for her companion. She avoided the windows cautiously and ran from top to bottom of her house, counting down the seconds she had.

Even the basement was deserted, Tighnari was nowhere to be found. She went back to the door and opened it, seeing one of the officers with his fist raised as if he was about to knock.

"Well, mi casa es su casa." Her lungs told her to breathe while she smiled and watched them flood in, only gasping for breath when they were out of earshot.

The entire house was swarming with green, black, and thudding boots and in the process was being flipped upside down. Cushions were torn off, tables were swept to the side, cupboards were flung open. Her suggestions and pleas to keep everything tidy went unheard.

She stood in the background of the chaos, feeling as though she was unable to do anything at all. They reeked of authority and dominance, something she never had a lot of strength to deal with.

They were scattered all over the house, yet the basement was what freaked her out the most. Tighnari's presence was sure to have been lingering there. While she cleared her throat and tucked hair behind her ears a little too often, an officer lingered around her, doing notably less searching than his fellow co workers.

Soon, she found him to be standing directly beside her. She hadn't gotten a good look at him, but from his mere existence she felt him towering over her, his clothes stretched tightly over his big build, the buttons clearly being strained to their maximum capacity.