Dana's POV

"I'm hoping that this year you'll focus on your grades. I can't have a child of mine ruining the family name." 

"Of course, father! Watch I'll even beat Jason!" I said with confidence.

My father only laughed. My father and I don't have the best relationship. He's always praising my older brother. I swear, my brother is just a pretty face with a low IQ. I've always hated him. He always takes advantage of the fact that he is older. He thinks that he will take over the family business. 

"Hey Dana! How's your brother?" asked Isabella. 

"He's fine I guess, but why are you asking?" 

"No reason, I just saw on today's magazine." She said. Her face turning slightly red.

Ugh! I swear everything is always about him!

"By the way, what did your dad want? I was surprised that he showed up for cheer tryouts?" Questioned Isabella.

"Do you really think that my father is here for me? He's here since my stupid brother forgot some dumb award. He took this opportunity to tell me to focus on my grades." Like I haven't been hearing that my whole life. I've been a straight A student since I started school. Until I had that incident last year. Whatever. It wasn't my fault anyways. 

"Where's Martha? She's going to late for tryouts." 

"She's at soccer practice right now, but she'll be back in time for cheer tryouts," She said smiling at me. 

"I don't know why Martha insist on doing soccer. Cheer should be enough for her!" I said annoyed.

"I know right!" She said agreeing with me. 

"Okay girls! Let's get started!" The cheer teacher instructed.

"Wait! I'm here!" Martha shouted while running toward the group. 

"Martha's here!" said girl 1.

"Yay Martha!" said girl 2.

"Finally." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Sorry guys." Martha said while trying to catch her breath. 

Ever since last year's incident, Martha has been distant. Like I said it wasn't my fault so I don't know she is trying to be the center of attention. I mean she's always had many guys ask her out, including my brother, but she never really had an official boyfriend. I can't blame her. The guys in this school are all under our league.

"Mrs. G, I guessing that I am going to be cheer captain again this year right." I stated. 

"Of course Dana. We wouldn't have won last year's championships if it weren't for you! Right girls?" 

"Yes Mrs. G." The girls said with not much enthusiasm.