Martha's POV

Tryouts are going to be a piece of cake, can't say the same thing for Isabella though. Ever since freshman year she's been trying out to be a flyer, but never made it. 

"Okay girls let's line up in formation in alphabetical order!" Mrs. G shouts.

Everyone races to their places, our cheer tryouts our simple really. We line up in alphabetical order and the girls next to you perform in groups of five. We perform based on the position we want. The position i'm trying out for is flyer, it's a no brainier it's a spot that shines of course I would want it, who wouldn't!

What makes this years cheer tryouts interesting is that two girls are trying out for cheer captain. This is the first time this has ever happened. None of the girls have ever dared to go against Dana, but of course the new girl named Nora goes against Dana. It's funny though cause the girls here actually think that Nora's gonna win. Please, whatever Dana wants she gets and trust me I've seen that first hand.

Dana waves her hand to signal to me where she is.

"Martha come here." Dana exclaims.

"What?" I groaned.

"That girl Nora is in your group right, how good is she?" Dana said biting down on her nail.

"Wow, is the famous Dana scared of the new girl!" I say sarcastically.

Dana rolls her eyes and pushes past me. 

"What's wrong with her?" Isabella questions holding a energy drink.

"She's scared of the new girl Nora." I joke.

"You and me both know she's not, Dana is just scoping out her competition before she crushes them." 

A little while later tryouts finish and all the girls are waiting in the gym hall where the football team meets. The huddled group clears the way for Mrs. G, Dana, Isabella, and me wait until everyone clears. But as they do, they give Dana weird looks. We get up to the board I immediately look at the flyer section. Yes! just as I thought I made it as a starter and second flyer. 

Isabella has a discontent look on her face, she must have not made it as being a flyer, as least she made it as a starter. I was about to console and congratulate Isabella however, Dana rips down the list of the board and screams out the room. 

Isabella and I look down at the remains. We both look up at each other in shock. This can't be good Dana and Nora tied and have to compete for the spot of captain.