Martha's POV

Isabella and Dana separate leaving me in the V.I.P area. As soon as they leave I get surrounded by a bunch of guys asking me questions and complimenting me on my outfit. Ugh this is so annoying, sure I like the attention but sometimes theses guys can go a little over board. Honestly I don't know why they try so hard, like they really think I would get with them, as if. 

"I'm so sorry guys but I think we'll have to cut our time short, I feeling quite thirsty." I say giving them an innocent smile.

"I'll get you a drink Martha, i'll get you anything you like." A random guy states eager.

Ugh could me luck get any worse. All I want to do is party until I drop but I can't even do that. After a while of these couple of guys taking I start to zone out, and as I do I spot someone closer to our group. 

He has broad shoulders and thick ash brown hair. I can't make out his face but as he gets closer and closer I start to see his features more clearly, until he reaches our group. 

"Care for a dance Martha?" The man says.

Roy. What the hell is he doing here I thought he was overseas in boarding school. I guess my luck can get worse, in fact I rather throw myself at one of these guys than dance with freaking Roy. Unfortunately I can't stand another minute with the constant ranting. 

"I'd love to." I smile letting him take my hand. 

Suddenly a tango starts to play, I look over at Roy, but he is just grinning. What is he planning, I hates when he acts so in titled. 

"Did you miss me Martha?" he says as he holds one of my legs to his hip. 

Seriously out of all the dances why did it have to be the one with the most physical contact. 

"Actually I haven't thought about you once. I forgot that you even existed." I state unbothered.

"Ouch, she has fangs." He says spinning me out then into his arms. 

The song ends and we stand there as everyone claps our eyes locked into each others. To break the tension I push him away, and walk away to grab a drink. Man, I really need I shot of tequila. I make my way to the bar where I chug down a shot with no hesitation. 

"Whoa there take it easy, wouldn't want you to end up wasted ." Roy says leaning on the bar table. 

I whip my hand over to him, ready to question him.

"What are you doing here? How did you know that there was a party at Dana's?" I question raising one brow. 

"My parents finally thought it was time for me to come back, plus they missed me." he says with a smug look on his face. 

I rolled my eyes and walk away knowing he would be following me. 

"You know Martha I thought you would be much prettier, but I guess your still a second rate beauty." He joked.

I stop in my tracks. Please he's still the same immature boy that he was as a child, reckless and heartless. I turn to face, giving him smirk, I move closer and closer to him grabbing his black tie until we are face to face.

"Poor Roy, guess making jokes and trying to be cool is still the only thing your good at, you'll always be second place to me." I whisper in his ear giving him a light slap on his cheek as I turn to leave. 

                        ___________________________________________________________ 

In the basement, I see Dana on her boyfriend's lap making out.  A scene I personally would not like to see. Over to the right of me I also see Isabella clearly drunk, yikes. Somehow the most disturbing thing in this room is Roy who keeps glancing at me and grinning every time our eyes meet. A little while later Dana and her boyfriend leave to the backyard. Roy isn't just glancing, he actually starts making his way here with his friends, giving me major deja vu of what happened last year. A moment in time I would like to forget. 

Before they could get to me I walk away in need of fresh air. I make it to Dana's garden, it has a ton of rose bushes and a beautiful white rustic water fountain. The wind blows a few strands of my loose hair, while I take in the gardens beauty. 

A tall figure appears right next covering me with a leather jacket. I don't even have to look to know that it's Roy. What is he doing here? All I wanted was to be alone.

"Here take your jacket back I don't want it nor do I need it!" I exclaim.

"It's cold out here and um well your back it pretty exposed right now." He says peeking down my back. 

"Why do you always do this Roy, can't you just leave me alone!" I groan.

"When will you stop being so stubborn." He argues back making me face him. 

"Can't you just be happy to see me, can't we just be friends again. I'm sorry and you know that but you just never let go." He hissed.

As he states all of this, he walks closer to me making me walk backwards, and soon I hit the water fountain. Just as I was about to say something, we both fall into the fountain. Unluckily it also starts to rain. With our bodies close to each other more than I'd like ; my hair comes out of its bun, and rain starts pouring down on both us. Damn, just my luck.