From a Spark to a Flame

Stella's POV
6000+ words

Sat at the back of the bus with my headphones on listening to The White Stripes by the Seven Nation Army, i do the usual and ignore all the other students around me. Not like that was very hard, i was basically invisible anyways and that's just the way i liked it, call me a loner, i don't care, people are just annoying. Music is all i need, if i didn't have my headphones, well, I don't even want to imagine that!

Suddenly it was getting rather hard to just sit and enjoy the song, everyone was getting loud, okay, louder than usual and they just wouldn't sit still. What's their problem? I look up from my phone and saw that everyone had pretty much gone to the left side of the bus and was finding whatever was outside VERY interesting. Just then i noticed Blake who was stood beside a multiracial boy who i think was named Evan.

Sliding the headphones off my head and around my neck i looked to the girl i knew from the foster system "hey Blake! What's going on?" She looks towards me and points to the window "see for yourself" she answers, i roll my eyes before getting up from my seat and walking over to the nearest window. What i saw was definitely not what i was expecting, fire, not just a small one either, the woods looked like something from hell.

My eyes widened "what the fuck!" I thought out loud, Blake nodded at my reaction before the bus driver i knew as Renata called out to us "Everyone get back in your seats" everyone continued to stare out the window at the scene "you guys really aren't supposed to be up in the middle of the isle" she added. Well, the wood's shouldn't be on fire but it is! I thought to myself, things that shouldn't happen do, its something i was taught from a very young age.

"Look at that car" i heard Evan say as he looked at one of the many cars on the outside "huh?" Blake questioned he looks to her and points to the one he was referring to "oh, see that car?" He asks. "There's no one behind the wheel, like the driver abandoned the car" he continues not waiting for her to answer. I look at him with a raised eyebrow "probably wasn't to keen on getting burned alive" i tell him.

He completely ignores me, probably not really knowing how to respond, "maybe they're coming back" Blake tells him. I let out a laugh "if there's anything to come back to!" I say, she gives me a roll of her eye's. Evan then looks to me before looking back at Blake "nah, your friend is right, they didn't want to burn to death in their car" he tells her. "Ya think" i mutter under my breath, like come on! It's clearly obvious.

There is a awkward silence for a moment, understandable i suppose, not something people really wanna think about, me, im just straightforward, as blunt as they come. Some might call me rude but I don't know, i just speak the truth even if you dont want to hear it. "Wait, look" Evan then speaks up pointing over to a man in a pink button up shirt exiting his car and walking off, leaving his vehicle unattended.

"I don't think he's coming back" he adds, i then walk closer to them "if he's smart he won't" i say with a shrug of my shoulders. "What's YOUR PROBLEM?" a random girl snaps at me "this is serious!" She adds, i roll my eyes at her "i just speak the truth, don't like it? Dont listen to it!". She scoffs before turning away from me, i turn my attention back onto Blake and Evan.

"Oh, um, it's called psychogenic tremor, ive got-got anxiety" he suddenly explains as me and Blake noticed his shaky hand "doesn't everyone?" Blake questions. "Not like me" he answers back before his phone goes off, mine along with everyone else too, except from Blake who i know didn't have a phone. Everyone instantly checks, me included.

"It's from the school" Evan says, he then looks to Blake who is now sat down in a seat "you lose your phone?" He asks. I look up from my own "she don't have one" i answer for her, he looks at me wide eyed before looking back at her "you don't have a phone?" He asks in disbelief. She ignores his question "what's the text say?" She asks, he doesn't answer her question struggling to get over the fact that she doesn't own a phone.