Three Bitten Two Born 2️⃣

Stella's POV

I enjoyed going for that coffee with Luna, we didn't talk about the whole werewolf thing, it was an escape for the both of us from everything that had gone one. I still can't get over the fact she even agreed to it, ive never really had people from school want to do things with me, ive never been invited to things and i was always the last one to be picked.

So her actually wanting to hang out with me, be seen with me even, it's just, its nice you know? Ahh, who am i kidding, as soon as people at school find out and start saying things she'll back off. She won't want to be around me, why would she? She's perfect in every single way and then there's me, need i say more? KNOCK KNOCK, the sound of the front door being knocked, snapped me out of my thoughts.

I sigh before getting up from the couch and walking to the door and opening it to reveal a blonde woman, not gonna lie, she could pass for Luna's mom like, wow! "Hi, Kristin Ramsey, we spoke on the phone Stella" she said holding up her ID, i nodded as i gestured for her to come in. Once she was inside she stood Infront of me and held out her hand but i just stared at it.

She gave me a smile "like i told your friend Everett, shaking my hand doesn't mean you're guilty" she said, i shrugged my shoulders at her "i know, but i am not shaking your hand until i trust you, as of yet, you're just like any other officer ive come across". She frowned but quickly covered it up with a nod of her head "fair enough, shall we get started anyway?"

I pointed to the couch "have a seat" , she did just that and i took a seat on the one seater opposite to her. "Is your foster mom here?" She asks as she looks around the room, Sooty sat close to me, not taking his eyes of the woman he'd never seen before. I shook my head "she's at work, just me and Sooty here", she nodded before looking down at the dog who hadn't dared go to her which i had to admit was odd.

"Sooty, that's um, an unusual name" she says and i know what she's getting at, i shake my head with a laugh "yea, i named him that because i just absolutely love the idea of fire, it's sooo cool, don't you think" i say sarcastically as i raise an eyebrow at her. She just stares at me, as if trying to read before she actually starts speaking.

"you know, you should be more careful with what you say, this is a serious crime Stella, any other officer and they would class that as your confession" she says, i frown and start to panic on the inside, she must have noticed because she reassures me "you dont have to worry because im not 'any other officer' I don't believe you set that fire Stella, i can see that your a good kid".

I look up to her in shock, id never had that before, "i have looked at your file however and that tells a different story, you've been in trouble with law since the age of 12 that doesn't look too good Stella" she speaks as she continues to sit, with constant eye contact. I scoff "so what, because i have a record that means im a arsonist aswell?"

She then gives me a warm smile which i definitely wasn't expecting "you've not had much luck with the system have you?" She asks, i don't give her a verbal answer and just shake my head as i stare to the floor. "You see Stella, i can understand why you'd not trust me, its not even just because im a person of the law although that definitely adds to it"

I look up, genuinely interested in what she's going to say "you've been let down by people all your life, nobody has ever really been on your side so you refuse to believe anyone ever will" she says.I have to admit im actually pretty shocked, how can she read me this well? "Im really sorry to hear about what happened to your parents, that must have been so hard to go through, its always hard loosing family but at a young age of five" she then says.

I stand up from my seat and turn away from her, not wanting her to see me break down like i really felt like doing right now, i was thinking about everything right now, not just my parents dying. "These thing's on your file, they don't show me that your an arsonist Stella, they tell me that you've had a hard life, you've done things your not proud of" she then says and that was all it took.