2

"Prince Kaveh." 

"Hnn..." 

"Prince Kaveh." 

"Five more minutes..." he muttered, rolling over. 

"Prince Kaveh," Alhaitham lightly tapped his face but his hand was grabbed. Kaveh held it on his cheek, nuzzling it and kissing his palm. 

"Prince Kaveh," Alhaitham pulled the blanket off of him and immediately regretted it. His night robe had moved up in his sleep which meant his legs were fully exposed, among other things. 

Kaveh shivered and pulled Alhaitham down by his tie onto the bed. He wrapped his legs and arms around him to get warm again. Alhaitham sighed. 

"Please wake up, Prince Kaveh." 

"Haihai..." Kaveh muttered, "why are you only nice to me in my sleep?" It had been so long since Alhaitham had heard Kaveh call him that. When was the last time? When they were kids? Maybe before Kaveh knew of his commoner status? 

"Prince Kaveh, if you don't wake up I may end up in the dungeon for violating a prince." 

Kaveh refused to budge. Alhaitham sighed and placed his hand on Kaveh's face, cupping it as he moved his own closer. "Shall I kiss the sleeping princess?" he asked, brushing his lips on Kaveh's. "Will that wake you up?" 

"Hnn..." Kaveh was the one to close the small gap between them. He clung to Alhaitham, forcing their lips together, and kissed him passionately. He forced open Alhaitham's mouth to have their tongues dance, all the while still delirious from sleeping. His eyes fluttered open but he hadn't yet understood the situation. Slowly but surely his groggy brain woke itself up. 

Alhaitham moved with the skill of a mechanical robot to get off of the bed and stand as if nothing had taken place. "Prince Kaveh, it's time for you to wake up," he said. He wiped his mouth with the handkerchief in his pocket and placed it back with perfection. Kaveh blinked, wondering if he'd imagined kissing him at all. He wasn't going to bring it up since he could barely tell the difference between dreaming it and reality. 

"Right," he cleared his throat, sitting up. His hands scurried to adjust his nightgown. 

Unable to let things go, Alhaitham went over to the wardrobe to pick up today's princely attire. As he opened it, he said: "Will you be requiring a kiss to wake up every day, princess?" 

"W-what?!" Kaveh felt his heart pound in his chest. "That wasn't a dream?" he spoke quietly. 

"I wonder why you would dream of such things regarding me, princess," Alhaitham turned around holding the clothes. His stoic expression only annoyed Kaveh. He grabbed his pillow and threw it at Alhaitham's face. He dodged, of course, which meant Kaveh kept throwing. 

"Just help me get dressed already," Kaveh huffed. Alhaitham did so but for some reason, his hands felt more gentle today. Kaveh shook his head. He must be imagining things. 

"Sleeping Beauty and now Cinderella," Alhaitham knelt down to put on Kaveh's shoes. He looked up as he kissed his ankle. "How many more princesses do you plan on imitating?" 

"If you keep teasing me, I'll kick you!" 

"By all means," Alhaitham replied, "I'm your loyal servant to do with as you wish." He slipped on the shoe. 

"Ridiculous!" Kaveh snapped. He grabbed Alhaitham's chin to look directly into his eyes. "Value yourself more, you coward!" He let go and crossed his arms. "This is why you let yourself get kicked out of the training program!" 

"Seriously," Kaveh sighed, holding his forehead. "What does it matter if they were badmouthing me? They would've been punished eventually. How could you lose such an opportunity for a reason like that?" Oh. So he did figure it out. Why was Kaveh only perceptive at times like these? 

Alhaitham released one leg to pick up the other foot and slide on Kaveh's second shoe. A soft smile appeared on his lips as he did so.