Chapter 8 - I miss them... ALSO-

[A/N:

Currently going into a ritual where I listen to Pitbull songs to characterise Chia (don't ask why)]

Out of nowhere, Mr Zhou was waiting at the doorsteps of her apartment while Asuto and Huira were still inside, she let him in, and he acted as if he predicted the event of Asuto and Huira meeting Chia. It was all a part of his plan, isn't it?

To summarise, trainer Zhou laughs evilly and invites Chia to be an assistant to the Inazume soccer team. How can she refuse? This was the most action she had in a long time! She needs to occupy herself. At least Chia can play soccer while practising her new play style, still the same dancing style but with different ways of executing them so her back won't be twisted as much.

It was hilarious to see the new members fawning over her, asking for autographs and demanding a match. It never happened, trainer Zhou just forced them to do chores.

"Chia, help us, please! This is not soccer! It's just us doing chores for Coach!" Chia chuckles at their demise as they furiously type at the Google translator, it reminds her of her childhood to be honest. Her complaining to Manny how dancing isn't soccer training- actually, how is he right now? She hasn't talked to him in years.

"It's a part of training, like, you'll be fine!" Chia typed back. Goujin just yelled, screamed, cried and unwillingly went back to training.

"Ah, kids these days," Chia said to herself (they're only 2 years younger).

Chia heard a ping! Coming from her pocket. She went to check her phone.

Haizaki: WHY DO YOU KEEP TEXTING ME?

Chia<3: because we're friends

Haizaki: NO WE'RE NOT

Chia<3: awwwww c'mooonnnnn, don't be harshhhhhh

Haizaki eventually left her on reading. Chia was just grateful for how useful this social media app is, all she had to do was type in Spanish, and when Haizaki replies in Japanese she can press on the text and it would automatically translate itself! Why can't Spain have this? This is so unfair.

Chia pressed on Kidou's contact, most of the conversation they had was rather... Dry... He gives straightforward answers and... That's it... She's pretty sure he's trying his best or is very busy.

Apparently (info via Haizaki), Kidou only talks like that to his seniors or to people he doesn't know that well. It's ok! Chia would talk more and he'll be comfortable with her in no time.

Unless... He's referring to her as a senior... But they're the same age? Oh! The strength level! But then again, hmmm...

Chia refuses to ponder over it any longer.

Now that Chia looked at it more closely, Japan's training is much different. She's a bit jealous.

Jealous of how they have fun and laugh while playing around and training soccer, how they don't have a whole list of training that makes you sweat at the end of it. How many of her friends quit soccer because it was too demanding and they couldn't take it anymore? How she had to prove herself many times and struggle against all the other members just to keep her spot in the team because it's not a mere power of friendship but the survival of the fittest.

Chia remembered the time when she was sent to 3rd string because she wasn't strong enough. It took 4 months for her to prove herself- that her flexibility to the team is a useful aspect and that not everything had to be 'How strong can you shoot?' or 'Can you bulldoze your enemies over?'.