Chapter 14 -- where have you been?

[A/N

This chap has more dialogue. And is longer than my usual chaps.

Some swearing here and there.]

Chia realised that even with her hair back to it's original colour, the system wouldn't register it because they already took photos of the players. It's fine, it was an extra wow factor anyways.

It was the 3rd day back in Spain, only 4 more to go and her friends (yesterday) looked like they went through a crisis. She remembered the loving memory.

("WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?"

"WHERE DID IT GO?"

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"WHO POSSESSED YOU?")

Chia just laughed the whole way. But she somehow loved her short hair better than the long one. She felt lighter and easier to move, she wasn't burdened with the extra morning routine and the worry of her hair getting in the way. Why didn't she do this sooner?

On her 3rd day she stayed home, her parents requested and Manny returned to his family. Her parents... they have been off recently, ever since she arrived they've been glancing back to each other and... it just felt very "off".

"Sit down," Her pa requested, she sat opposite them in the living room.

"Your mother and I have been wanting to tell you this since..."

"Since the day you were born," Ma took a deep breath, "but we think that you're old enough to know,"

What was going on? The only time they've acted like this was... when she was 10 right before she dyed her hair pink. It was the same scenario and the same words but she knew they diverted the subject to something else to avoid it.

"We wanted to wait until your graduation..." Pa coughed and took over for Ma.

"But unfortunately, your step-brother insisted that he wants to meet you now."

...What?

Chia abruptly stood up. Head swirling in confusion. She was an only child. Step-brother means that...

"Which- who-"

"I am the biological father," Pa stated, Ma's face turned grim from the reminder. It felt so sudden, there was no lead up and... what is going on?

"I had your brother before I meant your Ma but the biological mother took him."

"We..." Ma took in a breath, again, "We think you should meet him, instead of us. We have some... bad memories with him but we don't want to stop you from having a sibling."

That was the end, they told me to wait at the airport for him. Chia's brain couldn't function properly, but it was not from betrayal it was just... very confusing. To be able to stay hidden from her life for this long, she would have caught it by now. Also, why now of all times did her want to meet her? And he was 2-3 years older than her so he was around 18. Were they ever together as kids?

"Yo, you Chia?" She looked up. He was far from what she expected, to be honest she thought that he would be an older version of her but it seems like he was not.

"Tch, of course father and mother didn't see me, those bitches,"

"Hey!" Chia didn't like the insult of her- their parents.

He wore all black, cargo pants with a belt. His shirt was cut from the side so it was like someone just draped a blanket over him, a black blanket. His hair was the same brown reaching his shoulders and the tips were dyed red. He also had piercings, 2 on his eyebrows and one on his lips. He pulled out something from his pocket.