Chapter 15 -- The team wants to cry

It was predicted when her parents didn't say anything.

Arriving at home later than usual with no direct eye contact from parents. They were smiling, talking about their life, smiling at her. But not once did they ask how her day went like usual, how their son had been. They have changed, they were different.

Within the hour of arriving home that night, she wanted to curse Chico. Proclaiming that he ruined everything, it will never go back to the same daily life with her parents. chia knew that if she ever mentions Chico, her Ma and Pa would ignore her, pretending as if nothing happened. And as if he was never there. She was starting to sympathise with Chico.

And whenever she actually mentioned Chico, their attention goes away. Their eyes never meet her, and they won't engage with her until the subject is changed. Chia didn't like that, so she never mentioned him again.

Chia noticed that she recently spent less time in the house and more with her friends and Chico. The following final 3 days in Spain before leaving again were hanging out with the others.

The day they took off, her parents dropped her off, kissing goodbyes and how they're watching her through the TV. Yet, when they saw Chico calling out Chia's name in the distance, they immediately left.

"Chia, my little hermana. C'mon your friends are waiting," he took her luggage and she went to her friends. The whole of the Spain team was there with her family.

(She remembered her friend's first reaction to Chico:

"You had a brother?"

"I know right?")

As usual for the Spain team, there was no time for rests. Sure there is, like the 8-hour sleep and eating and toilet breaks. But the only reason why they're the national favourites is because of their stamina and brute strength (Chia doesn't have the strength, but the stamina she does).

On the plane were a few chit-chats in the first class seats (they were the favourites, they get privileges), most of them slept because they knew what would be arriving for them, even if most of them were new this year they were most likely briefed with the experience from older players.

As usual, Reinaldo and Chia bickered a lot ("AT LEAST THE PINK HAIR SEEMS LIKE WE'RE OPPOSITES," "BUT WE ARE YOU UNDER-PICKED STRAWBERRY." "NOT WITH THAT PLAIN LOOKING HAIR YOU GOT,")

"We are located in Block A, the following 3 matches will determine the future of the Spain team. I expect a minimum of a draw and a maximum of a win, no losses are necessary." The briefing already had started, and the newbies were sweating a bit. The originals have heard this briefing a few times. There were only 5 originals: Alonso, Reinaldo, Clario, Fabio, Luther, Bergamo and Chia. Additionally, Chia and Clario were the only ones who started in their very first year, the others joined just last year.

Only 2 of the newbies were first years, the rest were in their 2nd or last years and managed to get in. It was unnerving with this many newbies, Chia questioned the choices. Either way, Chia was more worried about her performance as a forward, it was completely new. Even the other members confirmed how weird it was, but the coach had a plan (to wow the audience it seems).

After a day's rest. the training was hell, especially with this new and strict coach.

"Chia! Lower yourself more. Fernando, don't you dare give up! Velasco, your arms are shaking, that is not an exception." Push-ups were the worst, Chia actually thanked Chico (her brother, not the one in her team) for training her in this.