-47 || jeonghan-

Graduation was over. They were officially free of high school.

This meant Jeonghan was supposed to finally get his kiss.

He didn't want to pressure Jisoo about it. He still had not a single clue as to why Jisoo was so against it in the first place. Or why he decided to change his mind. Jisoo still refused to answer.

"I can't bring myself to tell you," Jisoo had told him. "But you'll find out soon enough, I promise."

The mysteriousness was attractive, but the blonde was still bothered. What could be so serious that Jisoo can't actually tell him?

Jeonghan truly believed that they were meant to be together. He couldn't explain the feeling, but it was something he'd never felt before. Did Jisoo not feel the same? Clearly, he knew something he didn't.

As of right now, the blonde had no idea where Jisoo was. He'd seen him at the ceremony, but after that, it was like the younger had vanished. He was probably trying to avoid him, which Jeonghan honestly expected as much as he didn't want to admit it.

He knew Jisoo was going to be at the party though. So, that's where he started his search. Amongst his searching, he passed several making out couples, Wonwoo and Mingyu included. That was real close to the last thing Jeonghan wanted to see that night.

With a shake of his head, he walked away. He passed Hansol, Seungkwan nowhere to be seen. They must not have made up yet; which sucked because Jeonghan could tell that Hansol was faking being okay. He was better at it than Seungkwan but it was still glaringly obvious.

Chan was next to be spotted. He was playing some sort of drinking game with a group of various sexes. If Jisoo was to be anywhere, Jeonghan figured he'd be with Chan. Guess not.

"Hey, have you seen Jisoo anywhere?" the blonde asked.

Chan, slightly drunk, swayed in his spot  "He's up-shtairs," he slurred. "One of the bed . . . rooms I think."

"Thanks," Jeonghan said, clinking his cup with some other teen's as he walked away.

He made his way up the stairs and headed directly for the first bedroom. There weren't any concerning noises coming from behind the door, so he lifted a fist and knocked.

It took a moment for Jisoo to open the door. When he did, he didn't say a word and just stepped to the side to let Jeonghan in. Jeonghan, obliging, walked in and stood off to the side.

He felt awkward. The atmosphere felt stuffed.

Jisoo walked over to the bed in the corner of the room. Sitting down, he wrapped his arms around his knees and watched Jeonghan.

The elder was unsure what he should do. He wasn't going to pull a Mingyu and just kiss Jisoo. He walked over slowly and leaned against the vanity beside the bed.

"What are you doing up here?" he asked finally. It hadn't seemed like Jisoo was going to break the silence.

"I was waiting for you," Jisoo said. "I wanted to this in private. I didn't think it'd take you this long to get here either." His voice was filled with little amusement.

Ultimately, this moment was serious, so it wasn't surprising that the air around them was filled with so much that needed to be said.

Jeonghan's face flushed. He hadn't realized how awkward this would be with it all planned out. Where were they supposed to even start?

"Do you really want this or are you just doing it to make me happy?" he heard himself ask. He didn't know where it came from and he sure as hell didn't mean to sound like and asshole.

Jisoo stood up then meeting Jeonghan's height. "After all these weeks of bothering me about it, are you going to back out now?" He didn't sound mad. Rather, he sounded tired.

Jeonghan's voice softened. "I'm sorry. That came out wrong. I just want to know, if we really do turn out to be soulmates, will you be happy with that?"

Maybe now was a bad time to be pointing this out, but it was just now that Jeonghan had taken in Jisoo's own feelings. He'd felt that Jisoo had some sort of feelings for him, but he didn't how deep they went. He should have taken Jisoo feelings in account from the beginning.

If Jisoo really doesn't want this, Jeonghan told himself, I won't force him.

"I like you a lot," Jisoo told him. "And because of that, I want to do this." He lifted a hand and his finger lightly touched Jeonghan's bottom lip. "This will make things easier."

Jeonghan wasn't sure how to respond to that. His attention was more on the hand sliding down his face to the back of his neck than Jisoo's cryptic words.

The kiss was soft at first. Their lips gently pressed together in a peck. Jisoo pulled away, but there was no way Jeonghan was just going to let him get away with a peck.

Using one hand, he gripped Jisoo's waist firmly and closed the distance between both their mouths and their bodies. Jisoo didn't resist. His fingers tangled into the fluff of Jeonghan's hair, ruining all the effort the blonde had put into it that morning.

Jeonghan wasn't going to complain. The kiss was hot and even better than what he had ever imagined.

He didn't know how much time had passed before Jisoo finally ended it. When he finally pulled away, Jeonghan's lips felt cold. For the first time, he felt like a part of him had disappeared. It was no long just MIA, it was dead. He felt empty, alone even.

He'd kissed people before, but he'd never felt like this afterward. It must be a sign that this time was different.

Relief and excitement flooded his body. Jisoo had to be his soulmate. This must be how it feels when your body is accepting another person as your soulmate. Jeonghan had not a single doubt in his mind.

Jeonghan didn't have the chance to say anything. Jisoo left one more peck on Jeonghan's mouth before he stepped out of his arms.

"(I'm sorry)," the elder murmured. (I hadn't meant for things to end this way. You never should have approached me.)" He gave Jeonghan a weak smile then turned away.

Once he was gone, Jeonghan stood frozen. He loved it when Jisoo's spoke English, but this was different. Why hadn't Jeonghan ever paid attention in English class? He cursed himself silently.

He hadn't understood what Jisoo said, but judging by his tone, it wasn't anything good.

--------------------

a/n: y'all are finally going to figure out Jisoo's secret lol