Part1-chapter3: the start of everything

Word count: 2181

Rivers POV:

He thanked me, the way he said my name in his thick German accent sent shivers down my spine. My dad got a phone call and went to go take it on the back. Lucy then spoke up "so Bill, Tom what do you guys do for fun around here?" Bill smiled before quickly answering her question "we'll we have this band with me and tom and two of our other friends, we try to practise a lot, mostly in our garage or our rooms it's actually really cool" Tom then spoke up "we do gigs too but mostly just in places around town, we're just trying to get our name out there" Lucy smiled and looked at me saying "oh so you play music that's amazing what's the name of this band?" The boys looked at each other and said at the same time "Tokio Hotel" Lucy was about to say something but thankfully my dad walked in before she could blurt anything out. He put his hand at the bottom of Lucys back and talked to my brothers "boys I need to run to work, go put your shoes on, on the way back I'll take you to sign up for your school clubs you wanted to do" they allied hummed before running and putting their shoes on following my dad to his car leaving me with Lucy and the new neighbours.

Bill started to talk to his mom "can we go meet the G's mom?" He asked but she replied with something that shocked me "yes but you have to take river-Leigh with you so she's not on her own I'll be over here with Lucy do you have your house keys?" I looked at Lucy with a shocked expression and she looked down at me and smiled nodding her head the boy with the dread locks I think his name is Tom spoke up "we will mom, and yeah I've got mine and have fun" before anything else could get said I interrupted saying " I'm not going anywhere with my hair like this so your going to have to wait for me to straighten my hair again before it goes back into it's curls!" Lucy and Simone laughed and Lucy started to speak to me "take the boys up to your room to straighten your hair then and then go out, me and Simone will be out back in the beauty corner I told her this morning I'd do her nails for her" I nodded and told the boys to follow me which they did before getting to my room, I opened the door and walked over to my hair station in my bathroom as bill quickly ran over to my makeup fest and Tom jumped onto my bed, I giggled at both their actions until bill started talking to me gaining my attention.

"Your makeups so cool river-Leigh I wish I had this much makeup!" I laughed at his comment as I had finished straightening my hair once again and unplugged the hair straightener and put it away. I started to talk to bill once again "do you want me to do your makeup bill?" He gasped like a little kid on Christmas Day and nodded his head I smiled at him. "What kind of look do you want?" He looked around at my photo wall and pointed to a picture of my mom dressed up for Halloween with messy smoky eye-shadow I did a couple moths before she died she was too proud of mw to take it off. "Could you do something like that?" he said I looked down after looking at the photo and said yes, he sat down in my chair as I started to do his makeup.

Eventually tom spoke up "so River-Leigh tell us something about yourself" I was shocked at how confident he was to just clearly say that "umm I don't really know what to say apart from you don't have to call me by my full name you can call me river or riv" I said without looking away from bills eyes bill jumped into the conversation "which one are you least called?" He asked me, me being me I was super confused but I answered anyways "people normally just call me river, no one really likes to call me riv since my mom died, it was her nickname for me but I don't know why people stopped calling it me and started calling me river because I like that nickname" bill opened his eyes immediately and started talking "Lucy's not your mom you look so much like her" I laughed at his remark "no my mom died when I was 9, she lost her battle with cancer she also had brown hair and blue eyes I look a lot like Lucy which makes people just assume she's my mom she's like my mom in many ways and my brothers all call her mom but I've had a hard time adapting to calling her mom because I feel like I'm replacing my real mother, it was a long time ago tho, Lucy has no kids she wanted to so badly but she was a famous model and couldn't have kids because apparently it would ruin her body, her and my dad got together when I was 11 and got married last year she adopted us all and everything but it's just the same old sad story, and close your eyes bill or I'm going to poke you in the eye with the brush" he giggled before he closed his eyes and finished his question he was asking me "well then I'm going to call you riv because it's less normal also I'm really sorry about your mom I didn't know" I smiled at him before replying "it's fine it was a long time ago and your new nickname for me is riv" Tom wanting to leave jumped into the conversation " I think I'm gonna call you leigh, also leigh are you nearly done because I'm getting really bored and I wouldn't want to start looking three your stuff and find something I should find" he said smirking at me I felt goosebumps down my arm as I added the finishing touches to bills makeup and smiled enjoying the beautiful master piece I had created on bills eyes, Bill looked into the mirror and his face dropped "how did you get so good at this, it's amazing!" He asked "I like learning new things so when I was 12 the whole summer holidays me and Lucy spent it learning how to do people's hair, makeup and nails that's why there's a beauty corner on the back, Lucy does it as a side hustle"
Bill smiled taking one more good look at himself in the mirror and we put my makeup away Tom walked out first with me and bill following behind him, I messaged Lucy letting her know we was going and she messaged back saying okay as we started to walk from the house.