Chapter 3 Home Sweet Home

Third person pov.

Time skip ~ at home.

The car ride to their new slash old home was…awkward and painful; very awkward and painful. Carmen was over the fucking moon when she saw her old home come into view. It meant in seconds, she could be out of the car and out of that awkward, painful situation and finally be home. A place she has wanted to be for years now.

She almost couldn't handle the ride home.

Charlie was having an easy time talking to Carmen, then Bella. Charlie would do his best to start a conversation with his oldest daughter, but Bella wasn't having it. She either didn’t respond back to her dad; making it go quiet and fucking awkward, or she would snap back her responds to him. She was making it known to Charlie that she didn't like her dad; nor wanted to talk to him.

No one really understood why Bella had said yes to go live with her dad if she hated him so much?

Though Charlie hasn't seen her for over six plus years, and just thought of her just being distant from him. Her being a teenager, like he was when he was younger. He was too nice to think otherwise of his oldest daughter.

Charlie ended up slowly just asking and talking to Carmen on the drive home. Though the two could tell their conversation was bothering Bella; but what could they do for that? They haven't seen each other for years, they had so much to talk about; even though they talked all week about this day. It wasn't like Bella could just get up and leave or vice versa, they were in a moving car.

Still though, the car ride was so painfully awkward and when it ended, everyone was thrilled for it.

Turning his car off, he turns in his seat and looks at his two daughters, "Home sweet home" he jokes out.

Bella took offense to this, "Not! my home," she snapped out. She got out of the car fast holding her small plant in her hand, “and never will be.” she slammed the car door behind her hard.

Charlie was taken back by Bella's reaction to his harmless joke. He was only joking. Even though he felt bad and hurt for what he had said. To him, he shouldn't have said that joke from the start so maybe she wouldn't be mad or hurt at him. He was still oblivious to how she was really treating him, thinking it was just a teenager thing, not wanting to talk or even be with him or look at him. Again, he was like that at a young age too.

Carmen could tell that her dads comment was a joke, and she could tell that he felt bad for upsetting Bella.

"I'm happy to be here," Carmen said quietly at the back seat.

She was thrilled to be here with her dad finally. She loved coming to Forks to visit her father, and hated when she had to go back to her moms; so far away from him. Every year she asked her mom to go visit him, but she would always say no to her.

Plus, she was never able to do this because she was always living with her mom, but she was of age to pick where she lives and she will use that at the end of being with her dad. When her mom wants her back, she's going to fight to stay with her dad. Her mom can’t do anything to her if she’s so far away from her, and her dad will probably quickly allow her to stay with him. So she's set in a way.

She just hopes Bella doesn't cause any problems with her or Charlie.

Charlie looked away from his passenger seat to his youngest daughter and smiled at her, though Carmen still could still see how hurt he was.

"Glad you're here kid. So glad you came to live with me, let's go."

Small time skip.

Bella was shown her room first since it was the first to pass. Once again, Bella had to comment on things her father couldn't control.