Chapter 10 Back To School

[Posted/ February 18th]

Chapter 10 Back To School

Third person pov. 
----- time skip -----

Carmen Swan and Bella Swan both had gotten a lecture by their dad about both keeping each other safe, not to harm each other mentally and physically, watching each other's backs and so on.

The youngest Swan feels sick (and some other emotions) to her stomach as she stands there listening to her father be an actual parent that she wanted ever since she was a little child, but didnt get it until now.

She felt sick for keeping it in, and not telling him; and even now, she knows she's leaving this house still too scared to tell her father that she's been abused by her sibling and mom.

Poor Carmen wants so badly to yell, scream out what has happened, cry it all out to her father, but the wall that keeps her shield to herself is so high that she can't get over it. The fear has been engraved so deep in her that it's going to take her awhile to get her courage fully back.

The two just quietly agreed with their dad as they left the house hoping he wouldn't follow them out so they could get away from the lecture, but… he did, he did follow them out and continued his lecture.

The truck doors are finally shut now. Inside the truck it was silent. It was like before, a pin could drop and it would be heard.

It is so quiet and awkward right now. If someone else then Charlie was there, they would have felt the awkwardness that radiates his two children.

The two people in the truck, and only one of them thinks that what happened was a bit funny too, but mainly awkward, sickling, depressing and dark. Carmen; it was Carmen. She thought it was funny, but also not.

To Bella, that whole things was fucking annoying to her, and of course fucking awkward.

To Charlie, he felt proud. He felt like he had a dad moment. He did and he was great.

“I'll see you too after school!”

Charlie Swan stands in front of Bellas orange truck waving at his kids as they pull out the driveway.

Both teens give him a forced smile and wave at him too as they drive off.

Both Bella and Carmen sat in Bella's orange-ish truck quite. The drive to school was the same; awkward and quiet. No music was played, it was just pure silence between them.

The only things that were loud were their minds.

Carmen's mind was first about what her father had said, but she got distracted half way because the ranting in her mind went to an old book that got destroyed and now she's stuck on that old book and what the names of the characters are. She's so far gotten none named and it's killing her.

Bella was ranting about her father and her sister. To Bella the rant/lecture was started because ‘Carmen was taking too long’ and her father ‘couldn't take a joke’, but then, she didn't care about what he said and what Carmen did and went onto thoughts about driving safely and about seeing if her friends could take her shopping in a few days to get new clothes that maybe could get Edwards, or Emmetts attention on her.

Finally they got to the school.

Carmen sickness was gone at this point, but annoyance had kicked in.

Seeing that she has gotten to the school, she unbuckles her seatbelt and gets ready to get out. “I can't leave you, but I still want you out of school when the bell rings.”

‘Yeah no shit’ Carmen thinks.

Bella continues on, “don't take longer than ten minutes.” and she was out of the truck saying hi to her friends.