03. bullet proof

I am the ocean and the tides, the birds and the skies, and the moon—all at once. You fill the void left in love's grave, a prison with broken bars, and the freedom of a man you once were.

I am here, your strength, weakness, and heart. You kiss the crevices of my soul, learning to come out of the dark and embrace the sun's dangerous rays—ready to burn like the passion within our temples.

Gracefully passionate—and aggressively sensual—our bodies conjoin, melting like pottery between buttered fingers—and cast into endless satisfaction. You were quite the thinker, always quick on your toes—knowing what to say to get me to batter my breaths.

How could I not love you?

In your eyes, you were a lamb, a lion—when the sun fell into a deep slumber. Your innocence is to die for, your doe sepia eyes, and the thought of you never overpowering me in such a way. But when doors closed, you proved me wrong—ripping and breaking everything in sight—a predator and his prey. I wanted to lose the games you played to gain your kisses and sacred touches in return.

Your love was a gun, and you hit me like a slow bullet—yet, I desired more of the temptation, the anticipation of knowing you'd given me all of you—in every shape, way, and form.

Love was a gun—I guess you were trigger-happy.

And it hit me like a slow bullet.