11. other side

Have you ever met someone who mirrored your other side?

The darker side of yourself that seemed to reappear whenever they were around?

Love was the antidote to our mindless obsessions and troublesome infatuations. Maybe our relationship wasn't authentic from the beginning—I continuously pushed you away, prompting you to fulfill my reckless desires while you crumbled in the corners of insanity.

But then again—you were that darkest piece of me, and I wouldn't be here without you. I felt happily alive; the woman who cried—finally smiled back, and the ugly side of you ended up being the most beautiful part of me.

In return, I wanted a dose of your love—though you ran to the safest place.

Your mind.

Didn't you know that your mind was your enemy too?

You created these fantasies in your head and called them—us. But we weren't even together, only when you needed a hand and heart to choke you whenever you expected me to numb your pain. I never gave a fuck when you led me astray and turned me into a burning sacrifice.

I matured inexplicably with my inner demons knocking on your door, but you hadn't opened your heart wide enough to let me in. Sex and liquor kept me awakened past after hours and embodied my misery. And there you were—picking up the scrapes, devouring the knowledge of the forbidden fruit.

Thus, you saved yourself and left me in the dust.

'Innocent yet so corrupted.'

You gave me a taste of what it was like to be you—but somehow, I grew addicted to the other side of you, undressed in your honor as you killed me softly.

Your fangs sank into my flesh with your fingertips feverishly running across my scars—ribbed in the eyes of disaster, accompanied by the darkness swallowing our passion. I am your corpse, bleeding under the midnight stars—waiting for the man of my dreams to rescue me from this nightmare.

But he never came

And I beat myself up for you to curse our future.

Love me or hate me.

There's no use in getting rid of what we started because I'm crazy—just like you.

(Another draft from a joint account called: Other Side.)